Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY FOUR :: July 4th, 2015 :.  (Read 14920 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: WKC 2015 Summer eCook DAY FOUR!: July 4th, 2015:
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
4th of July Breakfast

The fare frittata in the cast iron pan on the mini 18

Onion, Bacon and butter

Add taters and over to opposite side for roasting.

Taters done, move over coals to prep for eggs

5 eggs with a little franks

Eggs

Cheese

Delish

Put my smokenator for sale on CL and member Joel @jbenavidez2 was the first to respond
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »
It was suggested I submit these for the ecook so here I go! 

Had a quick lunch of two kettle pizzas before starting our Independence Day adventure. 

I tried something new this time, taking foil and wrapping a grill grate with foil to simulate a baking steel.

I used my one touch platinum for the first time I recently picked up for $20.   Thanks to Dustin for sending me a replacement ash catcher as it didn't come with one

I used a chimney of charcoal and some chucks of cherry and hickory.

We did the first pie on the pizza pan. Eventually we'll make a round pizza, but not today.

Finished in under 2 minutes with the grill at at least 800 degrees (my guess as we were beyond the scope of the thermometer).

The second one was made on the peel and cooked in the stone directly. 

I think I need to add done charcoal under he stone next time as the pizzas were better than previous attempts but still a little doughy in the middle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixZeroFour

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
Happy July 4th to all! Wishing you an excellent day with your families (Weber and Literal!)

Some really kickass breakfast posts already!! Jeep rocking the Ebelskivers (nice!), blieb with some creative bbq sauce work and Idahawk with the full grand slam!

Here's my meager offering of grilled breakfast burritos. My little griddle has been getting a workout just keeping up with all the bacon demands the past few days ;)

Bacon up first:

Then Eggs:

Filling trimmed into single serve portions to be wrapped:

Construction time:

Carefully wrapped up and placed back on the bacon grease coated griddle:

A min or two on the first side then flip...

... and serve!

Your results may vary ;) ;D ;)

Keep em' coming guys!!

8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
Buffalo burgers
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »
Happy 4th of July, Everyone!  Just sitting here waiting for the rain to stop long enough so I can get my entry on the grill.  Going with a small buffalo ribeye tonight so it shouldn't take all that long.  Sure glad I decided to try my first pork shoulder on Sunday instead of today!

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »
i'm late to the game!  but i got stuffs for the grill.  and i bought EXTRA lighter fluid...not running out!   ;) ;) ;)
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 12:35:44 PM »
And Buffalo hot dogs,smoked sausage and Applewood smoked chicken hot dogs  and grilled peaches for dessert!

Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 01:22:29 PM »
Ate too much again for breakfast and was not hungry for lunch today so decided to do a little cold smoking in the 26'r.

Grabbed a bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos

Fired up the A-maze-n cold smoker in the 26'r

Added the Doritos in a aluminum pan

and smoked for 2 1/2 hours

Oh so good....these Doritos rock, but the addition of smoke just puts them over the top..highly recommended!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »
Welp........

Got some stuff done on Day Two & took it to work......snarfed up quickly by all the crew.....

I did terrible at the job for the last half of the day & came home beat to a pulp......

Took all day yesterday to recuperate & started fixing stuff early this AM to have a rotating grill up / smoke up all day today......got one tri-tip injected & running very low at 6:30 & the wife wants to go to Denny's for breakfast (does this all the time, the whole bunch over there knows her by name)

I say i need to finish getting the rest of the stuff ready & then maybe I'll go.....that happens, hop in the shower & she goes out the door first while I'm getting the dawgs in & locking the back....

She comes flying back in like there's a nuclear bomb went off in the front yard & after a minute of shaking & stuttering & get her to tell me what's up...the cat got run over & is out by the street....
Somebody (maybe the new neighbors) was nice enough to drag him out of the middle of the street & cover him up, so we spent the next 1-1/2 hrs. finding a place to drop him off.....hardly anybody's open on the 4th.....

Her Dad died last week & now her Lou-Lou....pretty tore up & so am I.....he steered clear of the dawgs the time they have been here, so I became more his buddy as he stayed out in the garage, driveway & carport  & was very smart about going near cars or the street....must have just been too old & slow at 13 years......
He's even got a Weber named after him, the one the wife had to get rid of from her apartment before we were married....

Here's the fuzzy guy.....

Here's the Kettle named after him.....

Fired up Lulu for some taters.....

Here's the tri-tip at about 2/3 of the ring of coals burnt, running at 200~220 with a few 250 spikes.....thin parts temp @200+ so it should be pullable in an hour or so....

Two more tri-tip to go, two different ways...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
Real sorry to hear about both Lou-Lou And your father in law Ken. That's a real tough couple pills to swallow on their own, let alone just a few weeks apart. Very cool you were able to honor her with a cook up on your like-named kettle.

Take care of yourself and the fam and I hope a small part of you is able to find some enjoyment this weekend. All the best,

Matt
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:56:04 PM by SixZeroFour »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
Initial cook on the Aristocratic
I am going to love this thing.

Ribs, decided that a rack and 1/2 was not enough so I got another rack and did some Roto style.

Wood from @MrHoss @AcrossFromHoss

Michigan cherry sauce

Happy 4th everyone
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »
Great looking spread Jeff - and that Aristocrat looks sweet with smoke coming out of her lid vent again! Have a good one man!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 02:22:53 PM »
Real sorry to hear about both Lou-Lou And your father in law Ken. That's a real tough couple pills to swallow on their own, let alone just a few weeks apart. Very cool you were able to honor her with a cook up on your like-named kettle.

Take care of yourself and the fam and I hope a small part of you is able to find some enjoyment this weekend. All the best,

Matt

Thanks man.....LuLu (I think it was short for Lucifer as he would turn around & bite you if you'd pet him wrong when he was younger!!) was a great little guy....a codger of sorts, like me..... 8) ;D

Too many, way too many great cooks going on here this week to totally stop the show !!!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 02:34:27 PM »
OK, forgot to show this part....

An array of shootables.....

Trimmed down, note the thickness.....

Shot....maybe as much as 16~17oz. of the good juice in there.....

We decided to do the second & third tips tomorrow......the above is a "Special Project"

Also, likin' this gray bag Stubb's.....lit in NO TIME....thanks, @Jason

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 03:21:31 PM »
Fired up the iconic Wood Dale Westerner! Corn on the 26" Corn n Tater, ribeyes and hamburgers for the kids.