Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I tri  (Read 1743 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
I tri
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »

It's tough to muster the courage to grill dinner in the brutal winter evenings of Southern AZ, but I lit the chimney and checked the outside temperature.  Brrrr. 

The meat was Costcos super marinated tri tip, which is a really really salty concoction that I admit is somewhat addictive to me despite it's caramel coloring and saltwater injection.  Shrug.

While I heated up my big cast iron skillet to cook the tortillas, I put the pintos on to simmer.  I use a few cans of pintos and Jalapeno and throw in a can of Herdez Salsa.  Cook on very low heat for more than an hour.  Stayimg with the pre packaged theme here.

That skillet is really big, and a piece of junk.  But it works.

Yeah yeah, the tortillas were the pre-made kind that you cook.  I think they are from Costco also.

After my tortillas were done, I put them between the plates to soften and hold warm, and grabbed my tools.  A double sized spatula deserves a double sized beer.  The second beer was for size comparison, I promish I did not drink it all. Burp.

Side note, if you have never had Caguama, don't.  Unless you like Corona, which I don't.  They are both terrible.  Caguama is a 'sense of place' thing for me, which is why I stomach it every couple years. Until I forget why it has been a couple years since I had it.

Where was I?  Yes the meat, here is the tri after first flip.  Don't worry about the flame, it was fat induced while I was struggling to get my darn camera phone to work.  As you can tell from the photos, the camera is a piece of junk too.  I think there is smoke permanently on the lense, seriously.

I usually do not get plated pictures because I am so fed up with the procesh (burp) by that point that I jusht want to eat.  But, here is an actual plated picture.  Ignore the messy stuff and pretend there is a sliced avocado next to the cucumbers and cotija cheese.  I like to mix pepper jack in with my cotija if I am having something really salty (like Costco Tri Tip with caramel coloring added).  The cebollas which I escabeche-ed the night before with some piquins set the whole thing off.  It was an awesome dinner.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: I tri
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:06 AM »
Ain't it hell cooking in such conditions ;D  It all looks good, the food and the set up!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:18 AM »
Hey G$ & Ron,  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Outstanding looking tri by the way!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
Looks really good! I have not braved the grill in a few nights, sub-zero windshields... Brrrrrr!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »
Fantastic tri and sides G$! Glad you didn't freeze! :o

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
The tip looks great man!