Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Woodfire Grilling Briquettes  (Read 1383 times)

shiner

• Smokey Joe
Woodfire Grilling Briquettes
« on: June 17, 2015, 07:41:30 AM »
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.woodfire-grilling.com/

My wife and I go to Northern Michigan for vacation every summer and last summer after a cookout I asked what kid of wood/charcoal the person who did the cooking used. He had used these and I was so impressed I bought a couple of bags, all I had room for, before returning home to Oklahoma. I have been using them either as a main fuel in my kettle or by putting 1 or 2 of these briquettes on my bed of coals a few minutes before whatever I'm cooking goes on. They really impart a great flavor done either way and I have been very impressed with them so I thought I would share and see if anyone else has used them.

Right now they don't have a way to purchase online and of course they don't sell them in Oklahoma. I'm already out for the summer so I wrote their sales department to see if there is any way I can purchase them directly. Yes, I'm that impressed with them.

No, I don't work for them nor am I associated with the company in any way. I'm just impressed with their product. I normally use Stubb's briquettes and will continue to do so as my main fuel source, but these Woodfire briquettes are something I will add to my ammo supply if I can get my hands on some more.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
Re: Woodfire Grilling Briquettes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:57 AM »
I live here in Michigan (Grand Rapids) and I have never heard of the stuff.  I will have to check it out.   Interesting. 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
Michigander here as well. I heard them on a local bbq radio show. Finding them is a problem. I'd like to try them. Vader sobies meats up by you is supposed to carry them. I haven't been there to see if they are there. A stop at sobies is always expensive

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:43:22 PM »
I bought mine at the Oleson's in Petoskey. I was told some Meijer's carry them as well.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.