Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: EZ Que Cradle for the Weber Kettle Roti Ring  (Read 5696 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
EZ Que Cradle for the Weber Kettle Roti Ring
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »
Curious....anyone own one of these? 

http://www.bourlierbbq.com/E-ZQue.html

If so, any likes/dislikes?  Weber made a similar design for the gasser (model 9891). 

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: EZ Que Cradle for the Weber Kettle Roti Ring
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
I thought EZ Que went out of business? And I thought the Weber one was actually made by EZ Que?

8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
Supposedly they did but they are still available.  As for them making the Weber version...they look identical so very possible.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »
I bought one of eBay last year and I think there great
Its pretty much all I use on the roti
It's a lot easier to load and unload the meat . No need to worry about skewering the meat evenly or fiddling around with the forks
I managed to fit 4 chooks (chickens) on it a couple of weeks ago.
And it's easy to clean
I highly recommend them
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
The EZ -Que works good, but there is one major drawback that I have found. As the rotisserie is turning, the clamp holding the food in the cradle tends to give way and the food falls from the cradle into the fire or drip pan when it's in the upside down position. To avoid this, I have had to get out a pair of pliers and really tighten down the thumbscrew to make it stay.

If you go online and read the reviews about this product, A LOT of other people have had this same complaint and have had to do the same thing with a pair of pliers. When you tighten down the thumbscrew that hard, eventually you will strip the threads and then you have to get a new thumbscrew and a new connecting pin. I haven't stripped mine out yet, but I can tell you I fully expect to be there shortly. I have had to really bear down on the thumbscrew to make it stay in place. I know that tightening anything that hard will eventually strip the threads. When you strip the threads, where do you go for replacement parts? As far as I can tell, there is no longer an Ez-Que website. I believe they are out of business? I bought mine off of Ebay. I haven't seen any replacement parts for sale anywhere?

I don't know what you are intending to cook with the Ez-Que, but if it's rotisserie chicken or any other kind of bird, try this product instead. It's made by Fire Majic for their rotisserie system and it works a heck of a lot better for rotisserie chicken than the Ez-Que. It will fit on any spit rod, so you can use it both on your charcoal rotisserie or gas rotisserie. The reviews are excellent and it's half the cost of an Ez-Que rotisserie. They also make a bigger one for turkeys. Hope this helps. Here's the link...

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Magic-Rotisserie-Chicken-Holder/dp/B0000DJZVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358823991&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+magic+chicken
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
i have one
used it last night for a lamb roast
recommended
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:12:08 PM »
I think the idea and concept of the device is great. I'm just having a lot of trouble keeping the locking arm down tight in place. I think part of my problem is that I'm primarily cooking chicken with it. As it turns, the chicken is shifting a little. The legs and wings are moving and shifting somewhat and that starts working the arm loose - the constant back and forth motion. Mine does work well as long as I crank down the thumbscrew really tight. Eventually I'm going to strip the threads like everyone else has. It's just a matter of time I think.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »
I tuck legs and wings in behind the rails to stop movement
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
A quick nip up with pliers is all it needs
I do this when I'm using the forks as well
Better safe than sorry
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution