Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who owns Weber?  (Read 8297 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Who owns Weber?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »
"If that's true (and we don't really know that it is), then I would actually be happy that they sold to a capital group and put a new CEO in charge. It might not be family owned anymore, but at least the people in charge are "business people" who are actually 100% focused on the growing the business and the Weber brand.

I'll go back to my original statement: The next few years are going to be very interesting for Weber (and it's fans). We'll start to see where this new ownership is going to take the company long term. Are they going to push our winners (new master touch and new performer) or take Weber down market (crap walmart kettle and thin grates). I hope it's the former....."

= gas BBQ's, not a bad thing, just the reality of profit...........
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 08:23:51 AM »
Please keep the brand bashing to a minimum.

None of us know enough details of their business to intelligently discuss the reasons for ANY of their changes or methods.
We have a relationship with Weber, and we're obviously a community centered around one of their product lines.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 08:32:38 AM »
I love the brand & have High hopes for the physical product Company.

its just that I watched a rich man's son blow through nearly a million dollars "failing to start" a restaurant.
But it was such a COOL idea...

eg:
http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/catering_business.html

Well written info, Now imagine double the problems expressed in this article then multiply 12 (family/kids) x # x # (employees, property, etc)

Business wise, they knew what they were doing separating from the NOVELTY money pit.
Hopefully they (WEBER inc) will listen to the fans & rea$onable customers...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:22 AM »
My biggest fear is their customer service becoming like other companies, hopefully the new management will understand how important that is to their customer base and not change anything there.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
Metal Mike, what's wrong with the Weber restaurants? From what I understand they offer a compelling service (food cooked with charcoal) serve as an advertising vehicle for the grills and memorabilia for the OLD grills, and oh yeah are expanding into other states (Ohio and Missouri, maybe others?) Are the Chicago locations in trouble or something?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
The change happened 5 years ago, and it took 2+ years to work the deal.

I think the brand is in good hands.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »
@addicted-to-smoke, good points & I wish every business well*** I just hope they cashed out nicely as profit margins are thin in that arena & outsourced management can eat that up quick. & expanding could be trouble as bigger = bigger $$$

+ I enjoy & wonder if the family still does the grilling books, they offer compelling ideas, tho less adaptive techniques

***W/ Personal knowledge of "family business" potential troubles & associate knowledge of restaurant problems.
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE