Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber style poultry roaster  (Read 2088 times)

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
Weber style poultry roaster
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Just a photo of the weber beer can chicken thing in action.
Just to let whoever is interested see this thing in action.  The only thing I don't like about it is it is teflon coated. That is why I use it only indirect.  Burning teflon is hazardous I hear.

The set up:

Beer Chicken by FinkFarm, on Flickr

And done:

The skin was already tore on the breast.  We process (butcher) our own chicken and the ones that are not perfect are for the family.  If there are no skin tears, then they go to the customers.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber style poultry roaster
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »

" We process (butcher) our own chicken and the ones that are not perfect are for the family.  If there are no skin tears, then they go to the customers."

I been meaning to ask you, what do you farm?

Still the same, a tasty looking roast chicken !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »
We strive to one day be like Polyface Farms up in Virginia.  Right now we raise broilers (and do the processing here also). We also grow produce, keep bees and sell the honey.  We also sell eggs and cut flowers.
This year we hope to start into swine, and possibly beef.  The beef may be later as I the hogs may take all the resources we have at this time.
Thanks for asking though.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
Just a photo of the weber beer can chicken thing in action.
Just to let whoever is interested see this thing in action.  The only thing I don't like about it is it is teflon coated. That is why I use it only indirect.  Burning teflon is hazardous I hear.

The set up:

And done:

The skin was already tore on the breast.  We process (butcher) our own chicken and the ones that are not perfect are for the family.  If there are no skin tears, then they go to the customers.

Very purtty OTG Blue... need some wood handles though ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
Looks good! I've been thinking about getting one of those.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
Fink that grill is gorgeous!  And the chicken looks just as good. 

My buddy has one of those fancy roasters, and he loves it.  He had some trouble with headspace one time, though, and so he just took off the cooking grate and put the bird and the roasting rack right down on the coal grate.  He said it worked really well, and crisped the skin up perfectly. 

The same buddy-- who is a neighbor of mine, too-- gets meat from Polyface all the time, and he is kind enough to share it.  The chickens aren't especially tasty, but the pork is crazy-good.  His pork shoulder makes me weak in the knees.  Oh, and the Polyface eggs are delicious-- and they only charge $3 per dozen!  The ground beef is really delicious too.
One of the charcoal people.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »
Looks great Fink.  Careful where you put that chimney if it is still hot.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:42:28 AM by G$ »