Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Your Perfect Outdoor Kitchen  (Read 3643 times)

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Your Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:18:50 AM »
G'fella's,
I'm working on plans to build a new house.  This will be the one I live in forevermore.  Of course, my #1 focus is the outdoor kitchen.  I don't want the usual gasser-only set-up.  The line-up will include all kinds of cookers:

Charcoal/Wood - I may install a Performer kettle (or maybe a Ranch?), but I'm considering one of these:
http://www.grillery.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=36000

Gasser - small Weber

Smoker - leaning towards Humphrey's, Stumps, or Backwoods

Flat-top - haven't investigated brands

There will be a big sink, fridge, counters, etc.  It will be under cover & include a vent hood of some kind.

So, if you were building your dream outdoor kitchen, what would you include?  How yould you lay it out?  Would you showcase your Webers?  All comments, ideas welcome!
JJ

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
Re: Your Perfect Outdoor Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:28:22 AM »
give us dimeinsion we have to play with

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
That sounds awesome!!! I have heard great things about the Grillworks grills. Steven Raichlen speaks very highly of them. That is the next non weber that I want to get. Wood fired cooking is a different beast but has its advantages. I am very jealous, now I want a new house. Layout could be a challenge and I will have to think more about it. I would definitely have a variety of fuel sources: wood, charcoal, gas. Each has its own uses. A pizza oven would be nice to have also. Sorry for rambling....
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »
give us dimeinsion we have to play with

I'll guess it is about a 15'x20' area.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
Wood fired pizza oven would be sweet.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
Whatever your specific plans, my dream is to have it right outside the kitchen door.  Kind of an extension of the kitchen, a nice paved patio where you can step away from your stove to check on whatever is cooking or smoking outside.
One of the charcoal people.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
my dream outdoor kitchen-stained concrete deck,solid cover(8foot ceiling), dual fans, lights, drop down bug screens on all sides on a footprint big enough to run several webers(2performers, a ranch, 2 wsm's and a couple stand alone 22's) and a kegerator all at the same time. would also have a covered dry storage area for charcoal connected to one end and multiple weather proof outlets at each corner.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:02:43 PM by mrbill »
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
Outdoor kitchen has to have a TV. Doesn't have to be big, but you need to be able to look up and check the score while hanging outside. Otherwise all the guys want to be inside where they watch the game.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 04:49:34 AM »
Unc. Your gonna need a brass pole and some tunes.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 04:56:58 AM »
my dream outdoor kitchen-stained concrete deck,solid cover(8foot ceiling), dual fans, lights, drop down bug screens on all sides on a footprint big enough to run several webers(2performers, a ranch, 2 wsm's and a couple stand alone 22's) and a kegerator all at the same time. would also have a covered dry storage area for charcoal connected to one end and multiple weather proof outlets at each corner.

Yes to all of this.  I hadn't thought of a kegerator - what's wrong with me?

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 05:28:45 AM »

Yes to all of this.  I hadn't thought of a kegerator - what's wrong with me?
Tsk tsk tsk ::)     ;D ;D ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »
Benches...places for others to congregate and hang.
Roll up or fold out sunshades and wind blocks. Some kind of burner to use as a chimney starter.
paper towel holder, aluminum foil roll holder, butcher paper holder. 
Color changing LED mood lighting.
Overhead magnetic rail for utensils  (cuz I don't like hanging them-the dogs lick em)
Tray cabinet for removing cooks.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.