Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: FlameDisk ... for when you just can't be bothered with charcoal OR regular gas.  (Read 1881 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
From what I've read, BIC bought this invention from some other company. BIC's page for it isn't loading at the moment, so here's an Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Charcoal-Alternative-FlameDisk-1-Pack/dp/B0062QJLSI

First person here to try it gets a prize.*

Won't be me, as it appears to be everything I'd not want to use.

*No actual prizes awarded :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GregS

• WKC Performer
i would use one of these.

if i couldn't get the truck to start at work and i needed to warm up the oil pan in the winter to get it to crank over.

I only use kettles with lid bales.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
I will give up my complicated lighting ritual when they pry my cold dead hands from around it !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
Did anyone else notice the steps are numbered correctly but out of order? I was baffled for a second when it said to light the thing and then peel back lid.

How long for the the YouTube video to emerge of someone playing frisbee with it?
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
I believe I seen this in my local grocery store. I know I saw it on CL packaged with a SJ few months ago here.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
... I was baffled for a second when it said to light the thing and then peel back lid ...

I have a suspicion it would still work the same either way.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
This person has been trying to sell these on CL/Seattle for a looooooooonnnnnggggg Tiiiiiimmmmme!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/app/4936137517.html

I won't be going for that prize!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
I bought two last year at Walmart since they were free with a rebate. I have not used them. You must cook with an open kettle or it snuffs out the flame.