Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Heat Resistant Gloves  (Read 4761 times)

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
Re: Heat Resistant Gloves
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »
Just ordered 2 pair, thanks for the heads up!!!
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 07:22:51 PM »
ordered a set, thanks for the info!
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 05:24:48 AM »
I got an email from Tiffany, the co-founder of the company. You probably all did. She thanked me for my purchase and ask that I do a review. I replied to the email telling her about the WKC and that I would use them right away and that I figured my honest and thorough review will be my payment for the discount code. She sent me a very nice personal reply right away too.

What I'll be looking at is how hard it is to get them on quickly. Seems like the silicone might be a little hard to put on, especially with big hands. We'll see.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:51 PM »
Got mine today.  They fit great.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 04:03:05 AM »
I received mine as well. I usually wear a L glove and the fingers are a little too short for me. I let them know in the survey. They are nice gloves otherwise.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 08:33:36 AM »
I got mine earlier in the week. Good thing too as I'm cooking 130lbs of butts.

As far as heat resistance, these gloves are outstanding. Way better than nitrile gloves over work gloves.

Downside: the fingers are tight, and when greasy they are hard to get off. They are 'ambidextrous' so they aren't molded to the sahpe of your hand. This makes my hands and fingers sore after pulling 6 or 7 butts.

Are any of these deal breakers? Not for me. I got them so I could pull butts in relative comfort. This is exactly what I got.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 08:59:35 AM »
@Harbormaster  ......130# eh?

Maybe we could get you to wrap those greasy gloves around a camera for just a minute?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
I clicked on the their link they gave if they didn't fit and it went right back to the return page on Amazon so I filled that out. They were just too small to go on my hand. Besides that the silicone is "sticky," for the lack of a better word.  When something is burning in the oven or on the grill you need to put them on quickly not have to tug. I was disappointed because they looked so nice. I sent them a complete review to the company directly and got a nice email reply thanking me.

I think they might be awesome for pulling pork when you're not in a hurry and you'll be wearing them for a while, but even if your hands were small enough I don't think you could put them for pulling something off the grill quickly.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:53 PM »
Does anybody have, or have used the as-seen-on-TV "Grill Glove"??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4zr0JekWE
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »

Maybe we could get you to wrap those greasy gloves around a camera for just a minute?
Too late. I has 16 butts on 4 WSMs cooking all night. Yield was right at 67 pounds, so almost exactly 50%.
And I'm not big on the hassle of downloading from the camera, uploading to the net, yada yada yada.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »

Too late. I has 16 butts on 4 WSMs cooking all night. Yield was right at 67 pounds, so almost exactly 50%.
And I'm not big on the hassle of downloading from the camera, uploading to the net, yada yada yada.

Well, it still SOUNDS yummy !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »

Funny, I did the exact same poundage with the same returns last night to this morning. I took one pic

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
I'm not big on the hassle of downloading from the camera, uploading to the net, yada yada yada.

If you have a mobile phone that is capable of taking pics, and the Tapatalk APP, there is almost no hassle whatsoever, to post pics on here. Only bringing it up, in case you were not familiar with Tapatalk...

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »
Guess the coupon code is no more, went to pull the trigger on them today but got an invalid code error.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962