Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An uncomfortable encounter.  (Read 7890 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: An uncomfortable encounter.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
"Looks like it has a really nice fade."

....or, it could be a tree limb?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »

This may be an awkward encounter but think it will be worth it. Just need backup first, then I'm knocking. In a potentially bad area. Never know who you will find.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
Oooops... i was confused. :o

So many grills in the wrong hands...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:12:55 AM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »
Paddle faster i hear banjo's!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

DTrainMike

• Smokey Joe
An uncomfortable encounter.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 01:57:06 AM »
"He gotta real purdy weber ain't he!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:59:01 AM by DTrainMike »

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »
There will be no free-styling for me!

Yikes
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

DTrainMike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »
I read this post even and still just had a scary run in. Looking for hand planes on CL. Ended up at a hoarder's place.  An older gentleman greeted me at the door. House was a wreck. Stacks and stacks of anything and everything. He said the planes were in the basement. I really wanted to see them and couldn't think of a polite way to run out of there without offending. I followed him out of the foyer past a living room to the left. A man had been standing there quiet during the hellos that I only just caught out of the corner of my eye as I passed. Long straight black hair, un kept beard. Maybe 6'1", 220. I said hi and he managed only a creepy grin. I made it to the end of the hall and turned to see him quietly walk to the front door, exit and close the door tightly behind him. I followed the man down the basement steps to find every square inch of the place stacked to the ceiling with stuff. Only walk ways that were only passable by turning your shoulders sideways. And there was an inch of water covering the entire floor. He said the planes where way in the back.  He headed that way. I stayed at the steps wanting to get some distance between us. Then I see the feet and legs of the other man walk by the basement window toward the back of the house.  At that point I had enough heebeegeebees to get the heck gone. I said I had to make a call right away and sprinted up the stairs, out the front door and down the short drive. As I turned to my car I saw the other man walk around the corner of the house into the front yard. I just quickly and calmly kept walking as if I hadn't seen him. I think I had my car moving before i had my door shut all the way.!  Chances are they weren't out to get me but it ain't fun feeling like your about to be chained up in someone's basement.

Meet in a parking lot!  I will be from now on.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »
Yowsa Mike, that's got Stephen King written all over it! Even if benign, it's just common courtesy to have your shit ready and nearby when people come calling, so they don't have to traipse through all your junk.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 07:08:09 AM »
Dang, Mike! You might have been thrown on their Weber!!!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 07:57:42 AM »
LMAOL - That's some funny shit!!  But glad you made it out of there!
May The Smoke Be With You!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
I think you guys should just stay home...or take your wife's purse with you for protection.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

DTrainMike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 08:19:22 AM »
More like.......

You are what you eat I guess!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 09:22:43 AM »
"Come down to my basement.  They're back here, come on, all the way in the back"  Yea your definitely getting cut up and buried in the yard.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:49:49 AM by Josh G »