Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettlepizza oven...any reviews of users available?  (Read 4086 times)

tb6844

• Smokey Joe
Re: Kettlepizza oven...any reviews of users available?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »
I just tried this dough recipe last weekend and it turned out really well.  Very crisp.  Just grilled on a stone...no kettle pizza attachment. 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html

Prestige Worldwide

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
Tb6844's recipe is very similar to the one I use. This is quoted almost verbatim from the recipe site:

You will need the following ingredients:

2 ¾ cups bread flour
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
2 teaspoons sea salt
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup warm water
2 or 3 tablespoons medium or coarse cornmeal

Put the flour, yeast and salt in a food processor. With the machine running, pour the oil through the feed tube, then add the water in a slow, steady stream. Continue to process for 2 to 3 minutes (the dough should form a rough ball and ride around in the processor). The finished dough should be soft, slightly sticky and elastic. If too dry, add a bit more water; if too wet, a tablespoon or so more flour.

Lay a 12-inch-long piece of plastic wrap on a clean work surface. Work the dough into a rectangle on the plastic, about 8 inches long and 6 inches wide. Press your fingers into the top of the dough all over, making indentations as though it were a focaccia. Fold the left third of the dough over (as you would a letter) and repeat the indentations. Fold the right third over and make the indentations again. Cover the folded dough with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes.

Cut the dough in half, form each piece into a neat ball. Place each ball in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap so it can rise (about one hour). Then voila! Make your pizza!

You can even make these doughs and freeze them to use another day. Just wrap each dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer. The morning before you want to make pizza, transfer the dough to the refrigerator to thaw.

I hope you enjoy it!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »
BOATS AND HOES!!  Err...boats and doughs
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Prestige Worldwide

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 02:34:27 AM »

BOATS AND HOES!!  Err...boats and doughs

Too funny!!!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
I LOVE mine. Picked it up off of Ebay a cpl months ago, the Deluxe version(stone and upgraded peel included)...$135 delivered. GREAT investment and I agree, not having to put the oven on in the house is fabulous
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 04:47:40 AM »
I really like mine too. I grill pizzas often.