Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Presents :: The History of the Weber Performer  (Read 5704 times)

SixZeroFour

WKC Presents :: The History of the Weber Performer
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:43 AM »

Hi All,

Please do yourself a favour and take a moment to check out the all new Weber Performer history Page!!

http://weberkettleclub.com/grills/weber-performer-history/

Mr. @Winz did an absolutely remarkable job on both the write up and the research for this article so soak it all in!

Thank you very much Winz!

R - R - R

- Six

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: WKC Presents :: The History of the Weber Performer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
I haven't had a chance to read it but looks like a great write up and personally, Gen 2 hits my fancy.  Gen2 with Gen4 table?  Unreal.....
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »
Excellent write up Winz, very thorough and informative. I wasn't aware there were that many colors for the gen 3,
looks like I'll need more room if I want to get a complete set of AD's..  :o
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
Excellent write up Winz, very thorough and informative. I wasn't aware there were that many colors for the gen 3,
looks like I'll need more room if I want to get a complete set of AD's..  :o

Thanks Mirkwood!  The good news is that Crimson was added after 2010, so you only need 5 Performers for full AD set.  You know I am keeping a vigilant C/L eye out for you.  :)

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »
Gen2 with Gen4 table?

This is the plan that I have and will make happen!

@Winz Excellent write-up!

I really enjoy reading all of the stuff that you guys put together. Keep up the good work!

polishmartin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »
I haven't had a chance to read it but looks like a great write up and personally, Gen 2 hits my fancy.  Gen2 with Gen4 table?  Unreal.....

I'm with you on that, I hate that they got rid of the stainless front, looks so good.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
Nice write up Winz!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
Just read this. I didn't think it was possible to want a performer even more than I already did. I was wrong.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
Just read this. I didn't think it was possible to want a performer even more than I already did. I was wrong.

I'm avoiding reading it for just that reason......most likely a bang up article Winz !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
I would love a performer, but...... living in the desert and having a back yard of basically sand, I just do not see me pushing that thing around much, a kettle wants to drag in the sand enough. So I live for the day I find one of those cast iron models I can restore.
I drool thinking about those Seville things
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:21:37 PM by Jammamto »
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
Great work, Winz!
One of the charcoal people.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »

Thanks Mirkwood!  The good news is that Crimson was added after 2010, so you only need 5 Performers for full AD set.  You know I am keeping a vigilant C/L eye out for you.  :)

Winz

I gotta be careful as I mentioned the number of colors needed for a full house and got a nearly fatal dose of stink eye..  :o :o   
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 03:15:36 AM »
Great write-up, @Winz!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 05:02:05 AM »
Awesome write up!  I had a question, on kettle history I suppose.  So my GF's grandfather gave me what I thought was an early non SS performer.  It looks like I'm wrong though.  It had a DA stamp on its lid, which would make it a 2001 piece.  Looking at the picture of the Gen 2, what I have is missing a lot of those features.  It's basically just the cart, table, and wire platform underneath.  There's no side panels, hooks, or charcoal holding bin.  The gen 2's also came along 4 years after this grill.  So do I have like a OT beyond gold and not performer then? 

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »
Awesome write up!  I had a question, on kettle history I suppose.  So my GF's grandfather gave me what I thought was an early non SS performer.  It looks like I'm wrong though.  It had a DA stamp on its lid, which would make it a 2001 piece.  Looking at the picture of the Gen 2, what I have is missing a lot of those features.  It's basically just the cart, table, and wire platform underneath.  There's no side panels, hooks, or charcoal holding bin.  The gen 2's also came along 4 years after this grill.  So do I have like a OT beyond gold and not performer then?

Platinum, perhaps?

There is such a thing, but others will have to fill in years & details......

Like these:

Talk.....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/platinum-vs-performer/msg9659/#msg9659

Diagram.....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/hunter-green-platinum/msg40609/#msg40609

Pic....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/cl-da-blue-platinum/msg21827/#msg21827
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:29:27 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"