Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Acts of Generosity , I thank all of you !  (Read 3836 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Acts of Generosity , I thank all of you !
« on: January 02, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »
    I just want to personally thank all the great members of this site for all they do to help others . Selfless acts of kindness and generosity make the WKC a special place.

I know people aren't looking for praise , but let's give it to them anyway !

@Greg S - to go out of your way to agent for guys , including myself , thank you man . Good things will come your way !

@MacEggs - I thank you for the awesome new handle for that sweet little red head I got , Mac sent me handle just because , I can't say how much that means to me , thank you sir !

@604  - for sharing your zebra wood handles and grabbing that Seahawks SJ for me on ebay , I thank you . I think what you've accomplished in your short time here , the grails you've aquired , the restorations , the adventures and all the cool posts , your an inspiration to all of us kettle heads !
Thank you Matt .

These are a few of the many here that selflessly give, when they don't have  to , I hope everyone takes a few minutes to thank someone who's done a cool deed for them , I know I'll pay it forward every chance I get.

Mac Heres the new @zavod ( thank you also Brian ) on the 18 , it's now goes by Mac :) I hope you don't mind

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Acts of Generosity , I thank all of you !
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
Wow, that looks really nice on that grill.....Glad I could be part of it.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »
Wow, that looks really nice on that grill.....Glad I could be part of it.....

… And I'm so glad you honoured my request.  You do amazing work on the custom handles. 

Enjoy the gift, Idahawk.   :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »
For you guys....anytime

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »
RESCUE-RESTORE-RESPECT  &   F-U-N!

That handle just made up my mind what color to put on my mid 60s red 22. Nice job guys! 8)

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »
I really appreciate the kind words Dave and feel lucky to consider you a friend. You've been equally generous to me and your contributions to the site should also not go un-praised! I will never tire of seeing your Ranch or Sequoia loaded up with fantastic feasts. The variety of stuff you come up with is just awesome and inspires me to try and become a better cook. This November I completely ripped off @Idahawk's TG turkey brine/recipe/cook and even bothered him with a text for some quick help the day of ;) Cheers Coach - My first ever kettle Turkey was a huge hit! ;D ;D Thank YOU sir!

------------------

I also need to send out a huge Thank You to the WKC community as a whole. MANY people were very kind to me this past year and I'm extremely grateful to all of you - Your kindness means more than you could ever know. Thank you very much. The generosity and willingness to help out others is what sets this place apart... it's infectious! and makes you want to do the same for others.

I'd love to list off about a million people but I'm going to keep this extremely short and only call out 3 more. To the rest of you, once again thank you - meeting so many new people has been just awesome. Anyways... here we go...

@MrHoss has become a good friend of mine. We've worked a few deals, exchanged a few "care packages" and shared excitement in many cool finds over the past few months. Hopefully I can get back east one of these days and meet up with you and @MacEggs (Another top notch member and friend!) for a beer and some bbq! Thanks Mike for everything, you're a great guy eh! 8)

@Troy is next on the list. Thank you and the other founders for providing each and every one of us with this amazing hobby. This place is a rarity amongst a sea of BS forums filled with haters and drama and it's such a refreshing change. You've also been a good friend to me and listened to a lot of random shit that had nothing to do with kettles. Thanks man, I truly appreciate all you have done both for me and everyone else here.

@Plant_City_Mike is another person I've been lucky enough to meet this past year. It all started with the sale of a Plum kettle shortly after I signed up and we've remained in touch ever since. Michael has gone to ridiculous lengths in order to help me secure a grill that has been in the works for months now. It will have to remain hush hush for now until we sort out the final details but it sounds like that is going to happen fairly soon. I am still blown away by the kindness he has shown to me and only hope I can pass some of that generosity along to others this coming year.

Once again, Thanks all, and may you each have an excellent 2015!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 04:22:47 AM »
I have to agree with Matt, this forum is unique.  Not only is there not a lot of issues and bickering, there is no elitism.  When I bought my Kamado last year I searched out some forums to discuss how to's.  The vets in the group really liked to show how much more they knew of the wonderful world of Kamado cooking.  We do not have that here.  Everyone has their own unique personalities, politics and preferences but when it comes to questions from a newb on kettle cooking the vets are more than willing to help them along.  I know the old site that the founder came from had really strict rules on what can and can't be discuss and how to post etc, we do not have hard set rules, it seems to be understood that we are all different yet the same in what brings us to this site.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 06:39:54 AM »
Acts of generosity, hmmmm. Where do I start?

This being a place where most of us never actually see or talk to each other, you gotta wonder how much we can actually connect. Turns out more than a little. I gotta think it is partially in the nature of the small board and the Weberitis that forces Grillfellas to seek each other out.

I have been here less than a year but now have a few guys I call friends....@MacEggs @SixZeroFour @LightningBoldtz . It is not simply that these guys were generous and good to me but rather the way in which they did it. Genuine, selfless, kind and without condition. So I now count them amongst the few folks in this world I call friends. Something far more important than BBQ.

Somebody who is also a good friend is AcrossFromHoss. The man lives where his name implies and ever since trying some of my Q over a year ago has been a solid fixture in my days. When leaving 2 teenage girls alone in the house this past summer for 2 weeks I told them should something go wrong to get him. Now he also a member here.

@argentflame is somebody here who is a continent away but we get along great. I just know this guy has got to be a fine man.

@Troy @harris92 @1buckie @jamesnomore @Heyjude @zavod44 @GregS are all members who helped me out and were more than kind...thanks guys.

Be well everybody,

Hoss
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
I know I don't participate as much as some and I have not been around nearly as long as you guys, but I read a bit and have learned a lot in a short time. For that, I appreciate everybody that contributes info and pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
Second what everyone else has said. This is a great forum that I am glad that I am able to be a part of. It has been very welcoming and there is a wealth of knowledge available. Thanks to everyone on their hardwork on keeping this site alive. Looking forward to another great year of finds, restores and cooking.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow