Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Christmas Dinners  (Read 6688 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Christmas Dinners
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »
Wow! I leave and come home to this! Great looking plate, I can see why your lovely wife is smiling. What kind of shrimp are those?  :o  I will be looking forward to your turkey next year Bob. I saw several wild turkeys at my brother inlaws that I wouldn't mind to bag. Why didn't I take a picture?  ::) He tells me he has gotten a few and my name is on the next one. :)

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
What kind of shrimp are those?  :o 
Just big shrimp. I think they were 6 or 8 count. When I see them on sale, I find them hard to resist though in all honesty I'm not sure they're any better than smaller shrimp.

Thanks for the kind words.
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »
Well, I did my first ham on the kettle. We cooked, and we took the food over to my Mother's. The vessel, the U.S.S. Warrior ;D The cook, a Hamshank, smoked with a little bit of apple chips and given a rub I made up using the Creole seasoning I bought this month as one of the ingredients among many others. It cooked about 2 and a half hours at about 300 degrees. I used Cowboy lump charcoal, kept one bowl vent closed, one cracked, the other plus the lid vent opened full. I finished it off with a major honey bath and let it go another 10-12 minutes on the grill. Heres a couple shots of the grill used and the ham. My scoring lines are far from perfect, but this ham and rub was a huge hit and I managed not to ruin anyone's Chrissy dinner.

File photo of the Brownie-Warrior, from nicer weather days

Another file photo of the exact setup I used. G!, I am IN LOVE with this table!! Thanks again!!

Couple action shots of the ham.

A few beers later, I walk in the house, set this on the stovetop, Wife is excited by it, but I then say out loud to my wife and kids, "Somethin happens! And it only seems to happen in a Weber cooker!" I got crickets from my daughter, and an eye roll from my wife, and a "Thats a COOKIN!" and big smile from my son! He gets it!!  ;D  "Whatever you say, honey!" my wife tells me.

Christmas morning. My God, would you look at that mess!

Merry Christmas!!
Craig  ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:32:37 PM by husker_red »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
That was a super post Craig! That ham looks way better than mine. No doubt it was a hit! :D

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »
Well, I did my first ham on the kettle.

Nice looking ham!  I've done a couple in the smoker and am always surprised by how much a little smoke improves the flavor.
kettles, smokers...

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Mmmm fine looking ham, Dam fine!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
We didn't have a christmas ham or turkey but I decided to try ribs again.  I have stayed away from ribs a little because they did not turn out well.  I used a three step process from Chris Lilly that was 2 hrs+ at 250 then 1 hr wrapped then glaze with sauce till it caramelized.  I had success with this recipe at my dad's 60th and it worked well this time too.

I used a mustard base then a rub on two racks the other six were just rub.  Here is one of the grills of racks.

I'm one of those guys who just can't seem to remember to take plate or after pictures.  I grab one after the family dug in.

The next day I re-heated some and took a side shot.  It didn't show the smoke ring very well, but the ribs were really tasty.

Since I'm in the pron section I figured I'd show a little beaver as well! ;D

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »
 GRATE LOOKIN' COOKS by everyone !!!

Let's see, there was ham & ham & ribs & rib roast & New York roast and.....and.....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »
I'm gonna be doing ham #2 and turkey # 2 this weekend!  :D

Craig