Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for parts for a mastertouch  (Read 2394 times)

Danny C

• WKC Brave
Looking for parts for a mastertouch
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:39 AM »
I am looking for the leg assembly with wheels and enclosed ash catcher, also what is the easiest way to polish up a red kettle, thanks in advance, off to work!
Danny

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
Re: Looking for parts for a mastertouch
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »
Weber can supply all of that Danny. I just re-did my red MT. As far as the polishing up the red kettle,.....use wax...lol....duh....JK

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:15:33 AM »
Danny, as for cleaing and polishing. Use a super fine steel wool and lots of Dawn dish soap. Even if it looks clean, just go over every inch. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Then after its dry, use your favorite polish, not wax, to make it shine. Wax can be applied after, but it doesn;t really do much to clean and shine.. I use an SOS pad to shine up  the legs and triangle. Be sure to hit up Zavod for some new wood handles.. Assuming he isn't buried in snow today!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Danny C

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:11:24 AM »
Thanks for the responses, even though those parts are not on the weber site do you think they will still have them?
Danny

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:36:27 AM »
Danny-you can try the modern day ash ring and catcher but unless the slots in your leg sockets align, it wont fit the MT and you would have to use hose clamps to attach.  MTs have the ash ring that clips onto a steel bar that was secured to the kettle by the old style ash sweeper (large bottom hex nut which is still available almost everywhere).  Weber does not make these steel bars anymore.  I can snap some pics of the parts if you would like a visual and will also check if I have any extras.

As for the legs, get them at Weber.  A leg kit is around $22 and if you use HOLIDAYBBQ2012 you get free shipping (worked for me yesterday).  For polishing the legs and dampers, use Mothers Mag polish....works great. 

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 04:33:55 AM »
I have a extra one of the steel bar's if you need it. Its a little ruff but it will work.
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:53 AM »
yeah, mine was rough too. you would have thought they would have made them from stainless. I sandblasted mine and nickle plated it. It still looks rough but it won't corrode any more.
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)