Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wolfe Turds  (Read 3401 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Turds
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:40 AM »
Wolfe Turds
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/11/atomic-buffalo-turds-aka-abts.html

Make twice as many of these as you think you will need......they go FAST!

What you will need:

1lb cheap bacon (Oscar Mayer works great) the thinner the better
10-15 good size jalapeno peppers
1 brick cream cheese
8oz Mexi Blend Cheese
1 cup Pulled pork (if you don't have any, you can omit or add in browned sausage or 1 lil' smokey to each pepper)
2-3 TBS Wolfe Rub Original (or your favorite rub)

Wearing latex gloves, cut eat pepper in half length wise and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.

Then combine, cream cheese, mexican cheese blend, rub and pulled pork until thoroughly combined and fill each pepper half with about 2 TBS of the filling.

Wrap each pepper half with 1 full strip of bacon and place on the smoker over indirect heat in the 245º-260º range and smoke for approximately 1.5-2 hrs until the bacon is rendered and crisp.  These can be made on a broiler pan in the oven, but for best results, cook on a grill or smoker.

Almost done

Ready to enjoy.  You can serve with Ranch or Bleu Cheese and celery and carrots.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff204/larrywolfe/3-3-08047-1.jpg

Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Wolfe Turds
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
Those look good actually...even though Im hestitant to eat a whole jalapeno like that.  My experience is that some jalapenos can be pretty mild, while other can knock you on your ass.  Great pics Larry!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »
I did a slight variation of this the other day.  Indirect grilling is the key here.  Now everyone who tried them does them indirect.  Thanks Larry!

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »
We've had a small group of people over for the last three weekends. I've made these each time and they've gotten rave reviews. We have another group of twenty coming over next weekend... guess I'd better make at least 50  :o

07BlackSpecV

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
Made these and some honey bbq wings last night for dinner. The family loved them and I will be making again, Thank you!