Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: looking for a part #  (Read 5095 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
looking for a part #
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
I have question for you guys.  I need a a new triangle support for my old 26.   Mine is rusted up pretty good and can't be cleaned up.  I haven't tried to dig around yet on any Weber parts site, but Im looking to see if anyone knows the part number for this support triangle that goes between the 3 legs of the grill.   It has the 4 support bars on either side of the center bar as opposed to the 3 support bar one you see on the 22s.

Thanks
Kettle collector AND cooker!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: looking for a part #
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »
Jeff I have a beater off of grandpa.  It may not be any better than the one you have.  Your welcome to look at it...

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
Thank Brian...mine is a beater already...I need a new one to finish the project.  Tried to clean this one up and its too far gone to look good anymore.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
Thank Brian...mine is a beater already...I need a new one to finish the project.  Tried to clean this one up and its too far gone to look good anymore.
I thought you said it was going to be a cooker? ???

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
How about this?
22    63097    Triangle for 26.75" One-Touch Gold, '12
http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=781001
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
Duke...it IS going to be a cooker, but I want it to look really nice like the other red 26's I've seen done up on this site. 

And Bob, that part there is for the newer style 26ers.  I actually did order that part from Weber and its altogether different.  Its 4.25" longer than that the old style triangle.  Its way too long for how the leg sockets are positioned on the old grill.  I've found so far that many of the parts on the new 26ers ARE different than the old 26er.   I will go into the parts differences in detail once I'm completely done with this project.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
Oh bummer deal, Sorry :(
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »
I thought you said it was going to be a cooker? ???

Jeff,  now you have scared to use my old flat top Warrior... I only use it now as a piazza cooker.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
Mine's a flat top too.  Go ahead and use it!  Thats what its for! Just take care of it!  :)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
Mine's a flat top too.  Go ahead and use it!  Thats what its for! Just take care of it!  :)

Not to worry! I'm in this for fun and enjoy the cook! I know I can do twice as many wings as to a 22-1/2.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:15 AM »
Jeff-I think the model # for the older style 26 (maybe not as old as yours) was 81001.  Unfortunately, the part # listed for the triangle (and most other parts) refers you back to a 2012 version....

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-81001-one-touch-kettle-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193465.html

This doesnt help but maybe you can use the information and contact Weber directly.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:40:04 AM by G »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:07 AM »
So no more "lookers" then?  ;)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:12 AM »
Jeff. If Weber no longer makes it, ( I suspect they may not) why not just get the best of the 2 traingles and have it replated? Assuming it isn't rust all the way through.  8)

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=81001

Here is the Weber schematic for grills prior to 2000. Obviously its not correct, but tis the only one they have on their site. It lists the new part. You may be out of luck on a new one.. :(
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
So no more "lookers" then?  ;)

Soon enough Shaun!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
Jeff. If Weber no longer makes it, ( I suspect they may not) why not just get the best of the 2 traingles and have it replated? Assuming it isn't rust all the way through.  8)

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=81001

Here is the Weber schematic for grills prior to 2000. Obviously its not correct, but tis the only one they have on their site. It lists the new part. You may be out of luck on a new one.. :(

Yeah AJ...I actually found that schematic last night.  I emailed about that very part and the one in the photo all they have...with the 3 support bars (instead of 4).  I gave them a photo of the original one and they said they don't have it.