Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch  (Read 24330 times)

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
Re: Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2022, 05:20:14 PM »
Any tryA Midwinter Nights Dram from High West before? I did some horse trading and I'm picking up it a a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof C921 on Thursday. I can't wait to crack them open. (Pictures for attention)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2022, 05:28:15 AM »
Curious of your thought on the Elijah
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2022, 05:47:49 AM »
Any tryA Midwinter Nights Dram from High West before? I did some horse trading and I'm picking up it a a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof C921 on Thursday. I can't wait to crack them open. (Pictures for attention)

I haven't tried MWND yet, but I have one waiting for me that a friend picked up. Looking forward to your review of it!

I'm curious to know how you like C921. I've done side by side comparisons with the 3 different batches I have. The differences to me are nuanced, but over all taste very similar. That's just me and my weak palate though. I definitely plan to always have a bottle of it around though. I passed on the batches this year so that I could spend the money on other bottles instead.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

kcsmokinribs

• WKC Brave
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »
Wellers Special Reserve, Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve are my preferred bourbons lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2022, 12:18:17 PM »
Willet, Penelope barrel strength, Old Grandad, Basil Hayden, and Wild Turkey 101 Rye are my current go to's!

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2022, 04:27:01 PM »
Willet, Penelope barrel strength, Old Grandad, Basil Hayden, and Wild Turkey 101 Rye are my current go to's!
Which old grandad expression do you prefer? If you haven't tried the BIB or OGD 114 yet I highly recommend them!

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2022, 04:28:02 PM »

I haven't tried MWND yet, but I have one waiting for me that a friend picked up. Looking forward to your review of it!

I'm curious to know how you like C921. I've done side by side comparisons with the 3 different batches I have. The differences to me are nuanced, but over all taste very similar. That's just me and my weak palate though. I definitely plan to always have a bottle of it around though. I passed on the batches this year so that I could spend the money on other bottles instead.
I'm hoping I'm able to do some taste testing with them this weekend, I'll definitely let you know how they are.

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »
Which old grandad expression do you prefer? If you haven't tried the BIB or OGD 114 yet I highly recommend them!

Bottled in Bond definitely!

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2022, 09:00:41 AM »
I think I’m starting to realize I have a collecting problem

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »
I think I’m starting to realize I have a collecting problem

Your collecting looks grate, based on most of the half full bottles maybe it's a drinking problem LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2022, 10:09:37 AM »
[emoji51] quoting a country song by midland “But I got no problem drinkin' at all”
Haha

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:16:31 AM by blu082003 »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2022, 02:51:21 PM »
Good thing I don’t collect bourbon… I’d probably have a bourbon room full of untouched whiskey.  On second thought it would probably be an empty bottle collection lol…

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
Good thing I don’t collect bourbon… I’d probably have a bourbon room full of untouched whiskey.  On second thought it would probably be an empty bottle collection lol…

It's easy to do, if my wife didn't keep talking sense into me I'd have 10x more lol

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »
It’s definitely a rabbit hole that goes deep. I started collecting probably 5 years ago trying to find some of the rare ones at local shops but now it’s much harder around here with the secondary market prices. The diminishing returns isn’t worth it to me. (Maybe because my pallet isn’t refined enough). I still have quite a few bottles that I’ve been saving for a special occasion or good company so hopefully I can wait out some of these prices. Cheers.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2022, 10:13:02 AM »
It’s definitely a rabbit hole that goes deep. I started collecting probably 5 years ago trying to find some of the rare ones at local shops but now it’s much harder around here with the secondary market prices. The diminishing returns isn’t worth it to me. (Maybe because my pallet isn’t refined enough). I still have quite a few bottles that I’ve been saving for a special occasion or good company so hopefully I can wait out some of these prices. Cheers.

I'm good company, I'll bring my favorite glass !