Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .:: eCook (Day of) Discussion Thread ::. Sunday September 7th 2014 [PHOTO HEAVY]  (Read 49231 times)

SixZeroFour

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿                                                                          ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· WKC eCook 2014 ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

DISCUSSION THREAD

8) Let's get this party started... 8)

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

Everything's prepped and ready, snakes are set, wings on brine, mushroom fatty done and my butts rubbed gonna be some grate food tomorrow. Here's some fatty prep, the butt will go on at about midnight so were ready for 1 o'clock games. Wing brine is an obnoxious amount of crushed garlic, chopped fresh ginger and red pepper flakes. Pulling the wings out of the brine in a few and will air dry in the fridge.

The primary arsenal sure could use some red in the mix :)

Fatty prep:
Dried Porcini and Shitake

My favorite fatty sausage 1/2 a chub for the core

You can see the bright Porcinis already soaking up the love, sprinkled a heavy dose of rub in the mix

1.5 lbs of Sage

The weave

The cheese and mushy core

Nighty night

See you tomorrow

SixZeroFour

This brisket is going to be introduced to my green performer at midnight,
the turds and game hens will meet their respective heat baths later during the day.

SixZeroFour

Here's my fatty waiting to go... you know since there isn't enough bacon already on the outside  ;D 1/3 Johnsonville Mild Sausage, 2/3 Ground Pork, Rub, Red and Yellow peppers, TexMex Cheese, Balderson Cheddar, and last but not least BACON! Also brushed with a bit of lazy maple bacon grease before rolling her up!

holy crap I need to go to sleep. See you all soon!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
It's Sunday evening here and also Father's Day
My side of the family came over for lunch and we decided to cook pizzas
Everyone brought toppings to create there own pizzas and my brother who is a pastry chef/ baker by trade and also worked for 2yrs at an infamous Canadian pizza joint in North Bay ,Ontario named Grecos made the bases
http://www.grecospizza.ca
..... And they were gooooooood!!!!!
Sorry no pics of kettles but here's a few of the pies-

And the family , chilling in the kitchen

Enjoy your cooks today everyone, I'm off to the inlaws for dinner
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:11:47 AM by Hogsy »
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
Nice looking pies, Hogsy!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
It's 3:22a. Got the JJ set up yesterday and the butt was just taken out of the fridge and unwrapped a little bit ago. First time trying this type of cook on the JJ but I'm hoping for good results.

Pork outta the fridge

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Fired up the JJ

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Those are some great looking pies Hogsy. 8)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Meats on. Now back to bed. ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:14:45 AM by Nate »

Craig

• WKC Mod

The '75 mini on chimney duty today...

More to come...

Craig

• WKC Mod
.:: eCook (Day of) Discussion Thread ::. Sunday September 7th 2014 [PHOTO HEAVY]
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 03:25:48 AM »
And a couple more grills wanted to come out and see what was happening...

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
So on the Left Coast in Yank Land it's about 04:40? Well it's 21:40 here and I'm smashed!

I had some you beaut grandiose plans and had prepped a few things, but unfortunately the family put a kibosh on most of what I had planned. So I improvised. The family had arranged a late lunch at a local cafe for us fathers as it's Father's Day here. So Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there.

I started the day with some simple homemade spiced beef sausages that my mum had made out on the farm. And I rubbed a bit of lamb back strap with some EVOO and seasoned it well with some sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. I served it up with some chimchuri sauce and it made for a great
Late breakfast.

After enjoying a late lunch, no one felt like eating anything....so I made a roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup. All on the Weber!

I was inspired by the DO I saw that Weber has in Europe and cobbled together my own version. And it worked a treat. While I was roasting the pumpkin and sweet potato indirect on the grille, the base for the soup was constructed in the middle of the kettle on direct heat.

The pictures will tell the story.

This will be served with a toasted cibiatta bread.

Life is good.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:00:28 AM by Jocool »
If it breathes, we can cook it!

harris92

• WKC Performer
Grill for today.... Early '60s Plainsman

Craig

• WKC Mod
Breakfast: Fatty, filled with scrambled eggs and seasoned hash browns. My bacon weave not cooperating so I had to do a little patchwork...

Grill for this morning: 1970 Avocado 22

Going on... She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts. (so I tell myself anyways)