Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Performer hose and regulator  (Read 2634 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
SS Performer hose and regulator
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »
The other day i traded a friend a 22lb propane bottle for a 5lb one,after texting AzMikey with some pictures i have the right tank.  Now i need the right hose and regulator as the previous owner converted it for a 22lb bottle, i called Weber and the Lady i talked to said they run about $98.00 ($110 on E-replacement) the question i have is can i source this localy using a different brand or do i need that part#?  Any and all help would be appreciated thanks!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Re: SS Performer hose and regulator
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:46 PM »
Can you take a pic of the hose you currently have on your grill?  If it is the original, you may be able to just buy a generic replacement regulator and threaded quick disconnect to put it back to stock. I know the stock hose for my SS uses all threaded connections, so it would be easy to mix and match parts to make something work.
-Keith

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:38 PM »
What is it you're trying to do? The OPD fitting is the same on a 5lb and a 20lb tank.
If you have the old quick disconnect tank, that might be an issue.
Lets see what you got..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:53 AM »
What is it you're trying to do? The OPD fitting is the same on a 5lb and a 20lb tank.
If you have the old quick disconnect tank, that might be an issue.
Lets see what you got..  8)
The previous owner put a longer hose and i assumed a different regulator. I don't know if a 22lb bottle and a 5lb bottle require a different rgulator? I guess i am looking for close to original look and not have hose and such draping down. The 5lb bottle has the OPD fitting so i am good to go on that aspect.

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »
Check around your area for a propane supply shop. I found one here that will custom make any size hose at a very reasonable price. On the performer I picked up the bottle and lower rack were missing and the hose was in such bad shape I decided to replace it instead of visit the emergency room. The shop I found even used the old fittings I scavenged from the shorter hose. I used some spare shelving I had and a 20# bottle until I can find the parts I need. The new 18" hose cost me $16.

BigRix

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:05:38 AM »
As I learned when I fixed up my Performer, the hard part to get is the orifice on the end of the hose.

It fits in the end of the burner tube and is held in with a clip. Do you have that part?

If so I have an original hose. It attaches to the shut off valve.

Please visit my new blog!

AR180S.com

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
I don't know if a 22lb bottle and a 5lb bottle require a different rgulator?
Nope. The regulator would be sized for desired flow and downstream pressure and would have nothing to do with the size of the tank.
kettles, smokers...

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
I don't know if a 22lb bottle and a 5lb bottle require a different rgulator?
Nope. The regulator would be sized for desired flow and downstream pressure and would have nothing to do with the size of the tank.
Ok thanks for the info, i'm learning more about gas assist as i go!