Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: D' oh!  (Read 9310 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
D' oh!
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:19 AM »
This topic will be certain to inflame somebody:   :'(

Does anyone know if it is possible to REMOVE the Homer Simpson decal/paint from a Yellow Simpsons kettle?  And yes, I am serious.

Also, for no good reason,  check    all these funny  fonts   out!   

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: D' oh!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
I have never seen one up close.  Is the sticker on top of the paint or under some sort of clear coat?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:56:49 AM »
I have not seen one up close (yet) either.

From what I have read, it is painted, not a decal, and very resilient (they do not seem to fade or discolor).  I don't think there is a way to remove it (other than grinding of course which is ludicrus).

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:12:36 AM »
I hate the sticker too! I thought about painting over it if I ever picked one up next to free. While your at it change those dumb handles too!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
Its not a sticker and you can't remove it! Leave it alone, its just one of the wierd things that Weber did..
Why buy one if you don;t like it? Just find an old yellow grill and put a blue handle on it..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
if you ever got a hold of one.... i wouldnt change it.  im sure there is someone out there than would purchase it or you could trade for the yellow you want. 
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

Scotty Da Q

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure some Black Beauty and some high pressure air would do the trick.  ;)
Regards,
Scotty Da Q

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »
While your at it change those dumb handles too!

That was a given.  I know of this guy that makes decent handles .........

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »
Just find an old yellow grill  and ......

hahahhahahahah.  I never knew it was so easy.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »
i've wondered the same thing!

i have a red smokey joe with a buttwiper logo and HATE the logo (and hate the beer too)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
If you want to spend a couple bucks, take it to a paint shop.  I'm sure they could wet sand it off and I'm sure Weber painted Homer after the base coat of yellow was on.  If this is the case, they may be able to simply wet sand and blend a high heat clear over the Yellow base?  Just a thought.
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
Ok guys...here's the deal on ANY Weber grill with an annoying logo or little Homer on it.  The logo is IN the paint.  It can't be wiped off with any sort of cleaner.  It would have to be sanded all the way through the porcelin finish.  You would have to repaint it and it would never match right.  Sorry guys. 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
Ok guys...here's the deal on ANY Weber grill with an annoying logo or little Homer on it.  The logo is IN the paint.  It can't be wiped off with any sort of cleaner.  It would have to be sanded all the way through the porcelin finish.  You would have to repaint it and it would never match right.  Sorry guys.
I agree, I would just not buy one and wait until weber offers us a yellow again. They probably never will though.  ::)