Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: While cooking it reminded me of the Italian Soccer kit.  (Read 2701 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
While cooking it reminded me of the Italian Soccer kit.
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »
I decided to fire up the blue MasterTouch this week.  I was hungry, and so was it:

I fed it some fuel and brought it up to temperature.

The menu was grilled chicken and tomatoes topped with mozarella and fresh basil. I started by cooking the chicken indirect.  Then moving it over the coals.  I added the tomatoes(soaked in balsamic) on the grate to get some carmelization going.

My basil plant is growing out of control and I do not use it as much as I should. Once the chicken was close to done, I stacked the grilled tomato on top, and a healthy portion of mozzarella.  The crown is a chiffonade of that basil.  Fresh basil is wonderful. 

This is what it looks like after sitting under the dome a few minutes to warm. I prefer the mozz melted like this, but you could serve it cold on top with the fresh basil.

I love grilling garlic bread to go with this meal:

Plated with a mediocre romaine salad topped with balsamic and oil dressing. 

It was all fantastic, even though it is a simple meal and one we do fairly often.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:57:31 PM by G$ »

salad

• WKC Ranger
Re: While cooking it reminded me of the Italian Soccer kit.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
Simple?  No.  Simply elegant, yes!  Everything look great from the chiffonade right down to the char on the bread.  Nicely done and nicely plated.  Pretty grill, too.  I need an MT. 
WTB 18 fruit

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
Nice job I like the tomatoes on the cast grill and the bread with grill marks. Look really good!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
Gerd that looks delicious!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
Sweet MT setup you have there and the food looks fantastic!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
Looks good. Out of all the herbs and other stuff I grow basil is my nemesis. Wish I had better luck with it as it is good to have it around fresh.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »
Looks good. Out of all the herbs and other stuff I grow basil is my nemesis. Wish I had better luck with it as it is good to have it around fresh.

Cilantro is my nemesis. 

Sage, Mint, Basil, Mint, Rosemary, Mint, Oregano, Mint, Chives ... those all grow fantastic for me.   Especially the mint.  Which is typically consumed as a beverage rather than a meal ...

But that Cilantro - it is too hot here for it, which is ironic because of the prevalence of it's use in foods from warmer climes.  It really needs to be grown in a window which is not where we have the herbs at home.  Hopefully I can nurse it along until the fall.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:01:12 PM by G$ »

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 02:57:16 PM »
That's now on my list of things to cook this weekend!

I love the smell of a evening cook...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »

See if it will grow back in the shade, Mikey.....lotsa water......

G$....this is a fabulous meal !!!

Slabs of mozz & grilled tomato.....just great !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
Looks great.  Another recipe added to the list of things to try!   ;D

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 05:14:00 AM »

Cilantro is my nemesis. 

Sage, Mint, Basil, Mint, Rosemary, Mint, Oregano, Mint, Chives ... those all grow fantastic for me.   Especially the mint.  Which is typically consumed as a beverage rather than a meal ...

But that Cilantro - it is too hot here for it, which is ironic because of the prevalence of it's use in foods from warmer climes.  It really needs to be grown in a window which is not where we have the herbs at home.  Hopefully I can nurse it along until the fall.

I haven't tried cilantro yet been thinking about it. My three pots of mint are going crazy, which is good cause I need them for those relaxing evenings with a fresh drink in my hand ;)
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 05:18:27 AM »

See if it will grow back in the shade, Mikey.....lotsa water......

Buckie unfortunately my basil is no more. I took it out of the pot I had it in after three failed attempts and only getting a few basil leafs that where good I gave up and planted my third mint plant in that pot. I might give it a go again with the basil now that I am at a new house.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:19:59 AM by AZ_MIKEY »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 05:37:28 AM »

Give it a whirl......at one point, I had 4 different types going......but along the side of the house, running east/west so the sun wouldn't bake the hell out of it.............your motivator is to be able to do the above dish, mozz, tomato & BASIL......look at that !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
The woman and I have been trying to eat a little healthier lately, so I remembered this recipe and gave it a shot tonight.  Thanks for the inspiration G$!

Picking some fresh basil

Chicken rubbed with EVOO and seasoned with garlic, salt and black pepper

Started marinating the tomatoes in balsamic vinegar

Cheese added and the basil

Lid closed for a few minutes...

Everything turned out really good.  Soaking the tomatoes in balsamic was a great flavor enhancer.  I definitely recommend everybody to try this.  ;D

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
Just showed this to the wifey...I'm Definately gonna give this a shot.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.