Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old griddle grate accessory for 22.5" weber kettle?  (Read 1309 times)

SixZeroFour

Old griddle grate accessory for 22.5" weber kettle?
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Is anyone familiar with an old griddle accessory that came with its own special 22.5" cook grate that had a square hole (roughly 14" x 14") in the middle that the griddle dropped into? similar to the newer gourmet system?

I found the grate section in an old weber parts bin but couldn't find the griddle. The person working at the counter is going to look around and let me know if they find it but does anyone have one of these bad boys they could post a pic of?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Old griddle grate accessory for 22.5" weber kettle?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
several members own and use these, I'm surprised there isn't one in the Vintage Weber Accessory Gallery

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Look in this thread. I got one NIB with the CI grate. I ordered the griddle as I also have a 2004 genesis gold.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=5289

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
I have one...found the grate without the griddle. I bought a weber gasser griddle that fits perfectly. Can't remember the model # off hand.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
Hogsy and golly have these NIB
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
I just posted a NIB one in the trading post section last week. It was listed on CL  in Yakima, WA. I bet its still available.

The grates & griddles in the older gassers are the same parts that came in the set you're describing. Believe it or not, you already have the most elusive part, by far.

BTW, I have a nib one also, which is why I didn't jump on the Yakima one.