Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An appeal to Weber  (Read 8737 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: An appeal to Weber
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
It was meant in jest, because so often we get gear-happy here. I appreciate Winz' sentiment here with his request.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 04:01:13 PM »
My wife would roll her eyes, but I would buy a Stars and Stripes kettle in a second......18, 22, or 26

That being said, a 22.5" master touch or 26er with wood handles would have me waiting in line to buy one
-Keith

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »
In my letter to Weber, paraphrased in the OP, and mailed a couple of days ago, I did not place additional requirements on the product (e.g. M/T, wood handles, etc).  My thought was to make the request simple and let Weber decide what model features would give them the highest return and chance for success.  Besides, many of us here would want to customize whatever is produced anyway.

I just really want a stars and stripes kettle - it is spectacular!

Winz

Winz,

This was a great idea. Can you please post the address that you sent it to?  I would like to send a similar letter.  Maybe if Weber starts getting this request from all over the country they will be more likely to consider producing them.

Thanks,
Dan
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
I filled out their online contact form a few weeks back and said:

"Why does Europe get a better variety of colors for their kettles? Can you make it possible for customers in the United States to choose their color and customize orders? Even if we need to pay a premium to have customized kettles, there's a huge Weber following in your home country and we deserve to get the best. Thanks for listening to my suggestion."

I got a reply two days later with:

"Hi Andy, thank you for your email.

We appreciate all of our customers suggestions and concerns. I will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate people.

Thank you for choosing Weber.

Sarah, Weber Customer Service"

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »
The address listed at the end of my email from them is:

Weber Customer Service
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
90 West Hillcrest Blvd.
Suite 308
Schaumburg, IL  60195
Phone: 800.446.1071
Fax: 847.407.8900
www.weber.com

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 05:21:43 PM »

I think a 7/4 commemorative kettle would be great to have.  You wonder why they make one for show but do not make any to sell in the stores. 

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Does anybody know for certain that Weber created that paint job? Sure, it could be porcelain, but more than likely it is auto paint or vinyl applied by a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that it was intended to see a flame.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:16 AM »
Good Question on the paint job. Weber Stig has the same one.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/greetings-from-aalborg-denmark/

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
I would buy one as well.   ;)
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 09:32:58 AM »
I'm in! 

rwhinton

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »
Me too!
Performer /  New Jumbo Joe  /  Mini-WSM  /  WSM

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
Can you please post the address that you sent it to?

Dan - I sent my letter to the Weber Palatine address:
Weber Stephen, 200 E Daniels Rd, Palatine, IL 60067

You can email the marketing department at:
Marketing@WeberStephen.com

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 09:20:29 PM »
It'd be in my backyard most ricky tick!

In between tending to my cooks on this badass grill, I'd be watching this on TV...

teerhardy

• WKC Brave
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 03:24:08 AM »
I wonder if something like this will be available as a limited edition or promo giveaway in the future.  I would think this would be a great promo item leading up to Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
Grey 22.5" OTS H
Copper 22.5" OTG... that's right I turned copper into gold.
Black 22.5" SS Performer

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
Does anybody know for certain that Weber created that paint job? Sure, it could be porcelain, but more than likely it is auto paint or vinyl applied by a 3rd party. I seriously doubt that it was intended to see a flame.

This.  I figured it was a paint job, not intended for use.  That said, I don't see why they can't do it considering all the logo kettles and the NFL Editions with the football on the lid.  I think I may have to shoot someone an email over there and see if I get an answer.
WTB 18 fruit