Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26" performer?  (Read 5767 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
26" performer?
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
Anyone else get the survey asking for opinions on this...
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?36807-Weber-Survey

I sure didn't, wish I did though.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: 26" performer?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »
VERY INTERESTING.

Bout time Weber....not sure about the side burner though...maybe?
It better be offered in multiple colors!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
I don't buy that. it looks like someones idea of a joke...
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
I'm going to wait around for the even bigger Ranch kettle Performer with an 8 ft. granite countertop, dual side burners, flip up rotisserie,  factory installed a/c for bbqing on those hot summer days and  that little cabinet underneath is a refrigerator for my beer.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
Here's an idea: Maybe Weber could design this new Performer with a hole in the middle of the countertop where a patio table umbrella could be inserted in the hole so that you could open the umbrella and cook in the shade or stay dry in the rain?

The umbrella could be an optional accessory that you would have to buy separately if you wanted it? If you didn't want the umbrella, they could have a metal plug that fits over the hole?   
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »
An umbrella over a bbq?  Some idiot would burn the neighborhood down..

A 26 perfomer would be very desirable at the right price. The market is limited..

How come no one here has built one? Oh Shaun.. Hey Shaun...
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
I actually was going to make a really nice table to fit a 26'r, but never got around to it. I love the 26'rs, new and old.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:14:10 AM »
An inlaw has an old 26" daisy vent kettle mounted in a redwood table, its more of a surround as the legs are still attached. I'll try to dig up a pic of it, he did a great job on it and it was handed down to him from his dad.  Lots of space makes it nice to work on.

I cooked an event sponsored by a  hardware store and Weber reps were there, I had a drum with a kettle lid, a Cajun Bandit with the EZ-Que ring and a Rib-O-Lator, an 18" WSM and a Mini Smoker Joe and these guys had absolutely no clue about any of the aftermarket items for their products. They took pics of my collection and another cooks Mini's and admitted to us that their focus was Gas Grills and made a comment "wait until the attorneys see these!". They did bring around some serious goddie bags though.

A high end charcoal grill from Weber? I dunno.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
If this is real, I'm guessing it'd be $600. But having said that, i might still have to invest in one!

Craig

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »
An inlaw has an old 26" daisy vent kettle mounted in a redwood table, its more of a surround as the legs are still attached. I'll try to dig up a pic of it, he did a great job on it and it was handed down to him from his dad.  Lots of space makes it nice to work on.

I cooked an event sponsored by a  hardware store and Weber reps were there, I had a drum with a kettle lid, a Cajun Bandit with the EZ-Que ring and a Rib-O-Lator, an 18" WSM and a Mini Smoker Joe and these guys had absolutely no clue about any of the aftermarket items for their products. They took pics of my collection and another cooks Mini's and admitted to us that their focus was Gas Grills and made a comment "wait until the attorneys see these!". They did bring around some serious goddie bags though.

I would like to see that 26 with table.  I guess the attorneys didn't think much of it since aftermarket parts are still being stamped out. BTW Brian, your facebook page is awesome! I'm getting one of those brining buckets for Thanksgiving.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:49:43 AM »

I would like to see that 26 with table.  I guess the attorneys didn't think much of it since aftermarket parts are still being stamped out. BTW Brian, your facebook page is awesome! I'm getting one of those brining buckets for Thanksgiving.

Thanks Duke! You will love the Briner! It is rarely out of my garage fridge-it's not just for Turkey ya know?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »
Where is this online survey? While the 26" performer is cool, Weber doesn't do leaks or surveys like this. Even when the 22" wsm came out. Nice grill though for alot of $$$.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
This apparently was emailed out to select Weber fans. Not sure how we get on that list, but it should be a given that we SHOULD be that list ;)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
i'm working on getting our club some 'perks' ;)