Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: HELLO & Happy Grill'n from ND  (Read 637 times)

SmokeNAshes

• Happy Cooker
HELLO & Happy Grill'n from ND
« on: May 05, 2019, 03:45:12 AM »
   Ours is a true rescue story, while exercising our dog back then in 2009 the wife says isn't that part of a grill?  So I waded in to the lake to retrieve the junk so the dog didn't get hurt, just the base no legs.  Some time later and a reflection, we have a dome, the sun had moved just enough to see it.  Never did find the rest of the parts that day, but the Weber followed us home ( back of the truck) that day.  Cleaned it up (fair bit of elbow grease) & mounted some conduit legs, had a cooking grate from something that fit.  Trip to hardware store for a charcoal grate and thought OK done. Not OK the legs just were not going to cut it now, so new leg kit, and new cooking grate ordered. Fast forward 2019, and I am making some new wood handles for our sweet E code black 18.5". Thanks for listening HAPPY GRILL"N from Smoke N Ashes!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: HELLO & Happy Grill'n from ND
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:02:22 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

SmokeNAshes

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
RRRanger99, Thank you for the welcome, it is amazing how much info is here!  You take care and Grill Safe!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 05:45:28 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga pretty cool story !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SmokeNAshes

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 03:14:57 PM »
JEBIV, Thank you for the welcome, the old Weber is still going strong, with the patina that it has now and sitting out most of its life it is now a really cool charcoal gray and will be keep it under cover in hopes of preserving the color.  Happy grill'n take care!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 03:57:13 PM »
Welcome from greenwood Indiana!  Post a picture sometime. That is a cool story.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana!   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokeNAshes

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »
HoosierKettle, Thank You for the welcome, will try to post some pics when the backyard greens up and we have some sun!  Take care!

SmokeNAshes

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »
Michaelmilitello, Thank You for the welcome!  I am suffering from info overload as the information just keeps me reading till I am cross eyed.  Take care & HAPPY GRILL"N!