Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wednesday Wings  (Read 2427 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wednesday Wings
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 06:03:27 AM »
Very clean redhead! Love it. So jealous. I'd never cook on it either.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 07:27:26 AM »
anyone used baskets in the middle on their 26r to cook wings?  I haven't tried that yet but will be interesting to see how it cooks wings compared to the 22.  Not sure, maybe I'll have more room between the baskets and the grate to add a chimney+ worth of coal to bring cooking temps up to the same as 22.  You just can't experiment enough with wings and beer.  It's an ongoing progression.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Wednesday Wings
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »
I haven't tried it either. Maybe just add a basket? Thoughts?

To be honest, my 26r is a Fleetwood (early 70's) and the cooking grate is in good shape. I don't think I would put intense heat like that under it. They don't make that size anymore and I want to keep it as original and in best of shape as possible. Findings parts for these cookers are a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:12:19 PM by Travis »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »
Yep,  on that red maybe build a platform in the middle of the living room and keep it perched on there.  That would be a proper spot for it.  Or a museum.  Gorgeous.  Count me in on the two full raging Charcoal Baskets with wings around them offset.  A big key for the crispness IMO is to pat them down with a paper towel before you put the oil and rub on. 

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
As a wing addict with ZERO desire to find a cure I think these wings look FANTASTIC!  I would make them twice weekly if my wife would let me... Nice work!