Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Random stacker mods.  (Read 2080 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Random stacker mods.
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
For those that uses a stacker on their 22 kettle.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:47:44 AM by Jules V. »

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Random stacker mods.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:05:01 PM »

Rotisserie motor mount.

Cut out for spit shouldn't be larger or deeper than necessary.

Fender washer trimmed flat at the top to cover the rotisserie spit holes. Needed to prevent leaks while smoking.

Wing nut for quick install/removal.

@Jules V. - I love these mods.  Is this roti mod done to the Cajun Bandit stacker?  The CB stacker has a higher profile than the Weber roti ring... have you done any comparison cooks on the two?  I'm wondering if there is much of a difference in cook time, etc between a roti on the CB stacker & the Weber ring.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Don_

• WKC Brave
Random stacker mods.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
Wow!!! Amazing set up!
I really like my stacker, but I’m not nearly as industrious as you!

Well done!
I may actually get off my but someday, and do a couple of these mods...or pick up a second stacker.
I imagine that the rotisserie mod, alone, has to be worthwhile.
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:58:09 PM by Don_ »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 04:41:52 PM »
Those are Caliente stackers. It's probably about 3/4" lower than than the cajun bandit but obviously much taller than the weber ring. I prefer the spit higher since you can do direct over coals without having to worry about flare ups especially when using the top rotisserie. Also allows the use of wood splits for indirect rotisserie without the lid. Both have a rotisserie and sometimes use it simultaneously.
With a single unit and the coals to the sides, it probably uses a bit more coal in comparison to the shorter weber ring.  Also nice bonus to these rings are that it can be easily rotated at any angle, more airtight, and rainwater doesn't get inside the bowl unlike the the weber ring . When grilling or smoking,  it's much more convenient to spin the stacker instead of the grate.

With a gap of 6 1/2",  lower rack on the stacker remain functional while using the rotisserie.

NY strip cooked direct.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »
@Jules V. Thank you for sharing these pics of your work/set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
Yes... thanks @Jules V. !

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 05:45:26 PM »

Those are Caliente stackers. It's probably about 3/4" lower than than the cajun bandit but obviously much taller than the weber ring. I prefer the spit higher since you can do direct over coals without having to worry about flare ups especially when using the top rotisserie. Also allows the use of wood splits for indirect rotisserie without the lid. Both have a rotisserie and sometimes use it simultaneously.
With a single unit and the coals to the sides, it probably uses a bit more coal in comparison to the shorter weber ring. 

Perfect. I just picked up a used caliente stacker. I may have to give this a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »

Perfect. I just picked up a used caliente stacker. I may have to give this a go.

You will not be disappointed turning it into a rotisserie.  You'll also be able to use the whole top grate for smoking. Adding a lower grate will give you even more flexibility.  Perfect for grilling directly also since the added height will eliminate most flare ups. Heck i rarely use my kettles without the stacker anymore. Only time i don't use a stacker is when i need to grill a couple of steaks that needs  to be seared at a very high temperature.
Gave away my 2 weber roti rings and never looked back.  Paid full price for the 2 caliente stackers with no regrets.