Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs - Recipe Included  (Read 2716 times)

northern_grilling

• Smokey Joe
Re: Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs - Recipe Included
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 12:46:47 PM »
Love a one pan dish.  Looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 05:24:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Will be trying this one for sure.  The wife loves anything with ginger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 11:05:40 AM »
Doing a version of this soon. Not sure what to baste the chicken with; I didn’t hold any marinade back. Should I have?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Cellar2ful

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 11:58:21 AM »

@addicted-to-smoke  - I never hold back any marinade for basting.  I just use the marinade that is in the pan with the chicken to baste it with.  After an hour of cooking, it is safe to use as a sauce poured over rice or farro.  It is soooooooooo good.  Just made this dish two nights ago and did not baste the chicken at all while it was cooking on the Weber. I did not see a difference between  basting or not basting.  It will be fine without basting.  When the dish is done you can then baste the chicken or just flip them over so the skin side is in the juices. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 12:34:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks Jim!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 07:19:39 PM »
Alrighty. I made a weird version of this. I bought a 12-pack of boneless, skinless thighs. So I made 8 with the recipe ratios and the other 4 with half ratio.

Except, I saw apple cider listed first and when I couldn't find any fresh (summertime in the mid-south ...) punted and went with hard apple cider. And after I used that, realized later it was supposed to be apple cider vinegar, which I had all along. :) Oh well. My other biggest cheat was plain rice.

I thought it was great, if a bit sweet. The hard cider I used (Angry Orchard Crisp Apple) isn't nearly as sweet as most American hard cider is, but it still has sugar in it. I kept it to 3 Fuji apples, but cut them up slim.

Marinade made chicken turn ... and stay ... pink

Beige apples won't make the cover of Gourmet magazine, but it still worked, even over plain rice.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:21:15 PM by addicted-to-smoke »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
The Fuji's were a perfect match here, and I imagine they'd be even better if I'd used the apple cider vinegar as intended. I will definitely be making this again!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »

Glad you liked it @addicted-to-smoke .   We experimented with this recipe, using several different varieties of apples.  The Fuji was our favorite.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"