Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Boneless Beef Rib Finger Meat  (Read 5050 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Boneless Beef Rib Finger Meat
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »

I have been wanting to share this, but Photobucket has been a PITA lately … At least it has been for me.  Finally had some patience ….

I did these up for championship Sunday last week (January 22nd).
Never seen these before in the grocery store, so I grabbed a couple packs.

Not much trimming was required.  Most of it I was able to pull off.

A coating of Worcestershire sauce, then tossed with fresh ground salt, and fresh cracked pepper.

Got the Performer set-up for an all-day smoke …
Managed to squeeze all of the pieces on indirect.  Maple Leaf briquets plus hickory for smoke.

My goal was to keep it in the 240-290° range.  When it dropped below this, I added a few lit briquets (6-8) to help maintain the target.

After 2 hours, I added more charcoal.  Looking good …

Here was the set-up.  My buddy and I were "tail-gating" in the garage watching the game(s).
Luckily it was not cold …. Cold enough to keep the beer from warming up, but for this time of year, we had no complaints.
Put some snow in the cooler, and it was good-to-go.  Had potato skins in the 18".  Always so good.

I believe this pic was after about 4 hours or so … We sampled some pieces.
Getting there, but not quite.  Another 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the piece.

It got to the point where we didn't care …. We were getting hungry smelling this wonderful meat cooking.  We dove in hands first.

Some gratuitous Performer pics ….  :D 8)

There were no leftovers …. I will be doing this again, as they were a big hit.

Thanks for looking.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Boneless Beef Rib Finger Meat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »
Looks good. I've never seen that cut of beef. Beef rib finger meat? I'm guessing it is very close to short rib meat?
May The Smoke Be With You!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »
Good looking food dude. That Performer though looks like absolute shit.....you really screwed that wood table up big-time. I can come and take it off your hands in the next few weeks...give me a call and we can work out the details.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
I can come and take it off your hands in the next few weeks...give me a call and we can work out the details.

No problem, buddy …. Bring the Beast, and we can call it an even trade …  :D ??? ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
Love that performer with the custom wood table.  Boneless beef ribs look great.  Never get tired looking at your performer in action.

Almost same meat, last night for a big crowd of people, I grilled bunch of AAA beef ribs (had the butcher cut 1/4" length wise and Korean style Kalbi marinate I made), and beef jerky made from top sirloin roast and some marinated steaks. My wife catered additional seafood and meat platters from a fancy restaurant, but what I prepared and grilled on my Weber were the crowd favorite.

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »
Your garage is like mine. Fridge, TV, grills and beer! LOL

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 04:06:07 AM »
Looks awesome, I'd love to come chill in your garage

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 04:37:25 PM »
Looks good. Never seen that cut of beef before.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.