Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rosemary Garlic Chicken on the Roti  (Read 1604 times)

SixZeroFour

Rosemary Garlic Chicken on the Roti
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:24:48 AM »
Hi all,

Here's last nights dinner - a Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken on the rotisserie!

Below are the main ingredients almost set to go...

I like to pat dry the chicken with paper towels, then on a small warming rack let it air dry in the fridge for about an hour. Chill (dry) your chicken. 8)

Next up I seasoned the cavity with fresh ground pepper, sea salt and a couple shakes of the Weber Roasted Garlic spice.

In a small plastic bowl add 1/3 cup of butter, some chopped garlic and about 3 sprigs worth of the rosemary then microwave until the butter is melted. Now get ready for an amazing smell to fill your kitchen when you open the door!

I added 2 lemon halves and some bay leaves then poured the hot mixture inside the chicken coating as much as possible.

I then made a second batch of the butter/garlic/rosemary and stuffed it all under the skin and over the breast of the chicken. You need to separate the skin from the meat a bit first in order to do this.

Sprinkled the outside with the Weber spice and then added the chicken onto the spit. You want as little movement as possible and for the wings etc to be closely wrapped to the bird. I used a couple silicon grilling bands along with the grocery store twine to keep it extra snug.

Time to get rocking! My Copper 22" OTG is on deck tonight. Man I love that color!

Time to get dizzy...

Up to temp and off the grill

And it's dinner time!

Thanks for looking!  8)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:30:43 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Rosemary Garlic Chicken on the Roti
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:42:02 AM »
Very nice....love the Copper shots with the sun bouncing off the lid and dark backgrounds.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:11:52 AM »
Great cook and love all the details. Gonna have to try that butter rosemary idea.
That last shot is classic!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »
Killer chicken and kettle!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »
Love the shot of Jupiter, Venus and the Moon over the Copper, and am going to have to try
the next roti yard bird this way too really soon..

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 11:00:04 PM »
That looks fantastic!

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Very nice lemon chicken!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG