Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Naked Crusty Side Rib Slab  (Read 845 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Naked Crusty Side Rib Slab
« on: June 26, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »
There have been a few things I wanted to do that I got around to today.  Eat some pork cause it has been over a week, smoke a uncut slab of side ribs....I normally cut the chine bone strip off, not foil a rack of ribs, and try out some of the Schwartz Chicken Spice I grabbed recently on pork.  I had read online somewhere that this stuff is "better on pork than it is on chicken".  So I mixed about half the chicken seasoning with a mix of normal paprika, smoked hot paprika and mango/chipolte rub.  I went with a lid temp of 350f on a 3 wheeler 22.5 so that was about 275f grate temp.  No water bath till a good crust was formed...at about 2 hours or so....and no misting.  Here she is at about 4 hours:

Out of focus but here is a blurp from that pool of fat upper left:

Done:

With a little Teague's Touch Of Heat watered down with some cider vinegar:

Great bark on these babies and these were more pull off the bone that the shot makes it look.  I will use the chicken spice blend again but probably more like 30-40% of the spice blend.  Those big hunks of spice make a nice bark but I think I want more tex-mex type ingrediants going on with my ribs.

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Naked Crusty Side Rib Slab
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
Awesome job with the cook. I have not made ribs in a long time. I need to do this.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Naked Crusty Side Rib Slab
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:32:37 AM »
That looks delicious. I might need to do ribs again this weekend.  :D