Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Where's the beef? Pron included  (Read 1088 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Where's the beef? Pron included
« on: June 01, 2014, 03:50:34 PM »
I had to work today so no bbq'd beef products for me.  Instead I did some chicken thighs.

I wanted to try something out and deboned the thighs and shaped them up some.  Then rubbed them with some rub my buddy got me for watching his dog.  He went to NOLA for a wedding and brought me some Andy Roo's Cajun Garlic rub.  I paired it with Plowboys 180 sauce.

Here are the thighs shaped up and rubbed.  I took the skin off the thighs and scrapped the fat off them.  Then i deboned the thighs, put a sprinkle of rub with it, and then shaped them up.

Cooked on the Weber performer using some KBB and a chunk of maple at somewhere about 375ish, 400 dome temp.

I prefer my thighs cooked to about 180 degrees.  So at about 175, I sauced them up, and then gave them a little spritz with a water bottle to make the sauce lay down flat.

And a plated shot.  I just nuked up some frozen green beans since I worked today and didn't have the time to properly make some side.

Next time, I am not going to remove the bone.  I didn't like the way the thighs shrank because the bone wasn't in it.  But the rub was pretty tasty.  It was slightly salty.  It was on the verge of being a little bit too salty.  I'll have to cut back on the rub a little bit next time I use it.  It has a nice flavor with a lingering spiciness which made biting into the thighs w/ crispy skin make me think that it was a smoked/sauced wing.

Thanks for lookin.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

blackdog1101

• Smokey Joe
Re: Where's the beef? Pron included
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:15:26 PM »
Nice looking thighs!  ;)
Performer OTS
Smokey Joe
Go Anywhere

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
I like them deboned , I guess I never noticed the shrink , I get the biggest ones I can find when I buy thighs though.

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:10 AM »
That there is some tasty lookin' chicken.  I always find bone-in meat, whatever kind you choose to name, provides better taste....and a handle too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"