Weber Kettle Club Forums

Weber Kettle Community => Meetups & Events => Topic started by: pbe gummi bear on April 28, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

Title: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on April 28, 2015, 10:19:10 PM
Are you ready for WKC NorCal meet Round 2!?!?!?! I know last years will be hard to top but I think we can do it. I have no ideas about the details yet but I am hoping that the Bay Area and Sacramento grillfellas can make it. Others from faraway lands are welcome too! Please use this thread as the discussion and coordination point.

Who: WKC members in good standing and their friends & family.

Where: San Pablo Reservoir, El Sobrante CA (https://www.ebmud.com/recreation/san-pablo-reservoir). We've rented a gazebo so there will be plenty of space to bring grills, cook, and hang out.

When: Sunday Jun 7, 11am to ?

Cost: $7 for parking, $5 for fishing. (we might need to pay for parking or area rental fee if applicable) but please bring food, grills, hammock, and inflatable pool.

Activities:
BBQ
Bocce
Beer
Talking about Webers
Trading grills and bbq paraphenalia.

Other details:
The parking area is very close to the Gazebo
Dog's are allowed on leash
There are boats for rent for $10/hr
Fishing licenses are available on site
More information available here: https://www.ebmud.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/fee-sheet-15.pdf

If you have any additional questions about the site, hit up @argentflame since he's actually been there.


Confirmed list:
pbe gummi bear
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on April 28, 2015, 10:22:35 PM
@1buckie @Winz @argentflame @kako5256 @austin87 @Heyjude @Taz @dazzo @Alfonso @Cuda Dan @mirkwood @Troy @SixZeroFour @brettbrown

Does June 6 or 13 work for you?

Please add people I have missed. I hope the SoCal/AZ/PNW people can make it too!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Troy on April 28, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
would it be wrong to schedule a work trip to HQ just to get up there for this? =D
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Cuda Dan on April 29, 2015, 05:31:39 AM
My first choice is 6-6. Thanks for kicking it off PBE Gummy Bear!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on April 29, 2015, 07:14:59 AM
Either day is fine for me.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on April 29, 2015, 09:21:05 AM
Looks like the 6th may be best for me. I think I'm down in Carlsbad on the 13th w/e.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on April 29, 2015, 09:24:33 AM
Have to see......STILL looking for that ever-elusive burger-flippin' job...... :o 8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on April 29, 2015, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: Troy on April 28, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
would it be wrong to schedule a work trip to HQ just to get up there for this? =D

No.

Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on April 29, 2015, 06:05:31 PM
6th is preferable but I can also do the 13th... Lemme know!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on April 29, 2015, 06:06:51 PM
Will bring: medium vortex, 18" OTG, and grub TBD
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Jason on April 29, 2015, 07:03:33 PM
Quote from: dazzo on April 29, 2015, 09:21:05 AM
Looks like the 6th may be best for me. I think I'm down in Carlsbad on the 13th w/e.

@dazzo since you might be down this way, you are more than welcome to stop by, if you have the time.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on April 29, 2015, 07:26:37 PM
So far it seems like the 6th would be good.

Where can we host this one?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 07, 2015, 01:04:38 PM
Anyone ever been to the Lafayette Reservoir? https://www.ebmud.com/store/lafayette-reservoir-picnic-reservation

There are first come/first serve tables that don't cost a reservation fee - unless we think we'll have enough to reserve a small site ($200) and make the cost per person low enough. I don't recall exactly how far the parking lot is from the picnic area (maybe a 5-10 minute walk) but I don't think we can drive right up.

Any other ideas?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 07, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
@pbe gummi bear it's booked up basically every weekend in June and July so we can't reserve a spot, but could always opt for first come/first serve.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 07, 2015, 01:27:40 PM
That looks like it would work. Lafayette is a little closer to where @mirkwood @1buckie @Winz are. Are you guys planning to make it down if we do Jun 6th?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 07, 2015, 01:31:57 PM
@austin87 The stage is available on Jun 7 at a $200 cost.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Winz on May 07, 2015, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: pbe gummi bear on May 07, 2015, 01:27:40 PM
That looks like it would work. Lafayette is a little closer to where @mirkwood @1buckie @Winz are. Are you guys planning to make it down if we do Jun 6th?


Its a long commute from Gold Canyon AZ!  Unfortunately, I will not be in NorCal in early June - I am pretty much in AZ for now.


Winz
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 07, 2015, 02:29:25 PM
The 7th is actually a little better than the 6th for me if it's all the same. But if we get there at 9 or so (or earlier if we want), fire up some cookers, and eat lunch at noon or so I don't think we would have any problem getting picnic spots for free.

@pbe gummi bear stage is no tables and no BBQs so I don't think that's our scene. The large is available for $350 - little pricey depending on how many showing up. I wouldn't mind camping out and wrangling tables at 7am so we can lock them down for free.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 07, 2015, 03:43:01 PM
Quote from: austin87 on May 07, 2015, 02:29:25 PM
The 7th is actually a little better than the 6th for me if it's all the same. But if we get there at 9 or so (or earlier if we want), fire up some cookers, and eat lunch at noon or so I don't think we would have any problem getting picnic spots for free.

@pbe gummi bear stage is no tables and no BBQs so I don't think that's our scene. The large is available for $350 - little pricey depending on how many showing up. I wouldn't mind camping out and wrangling tables at 7am so we can lock them down for free.

Good point about the tables. I interpreted the no bbq's as no access to bbq's, not forbidding BYOB (Bring Your Own BBQ).  :) We had another meet in San Ramon last year but the table area there was very limited.

Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on May 07, 2015, 04:18:18 PM
We need room for grills, and we need to be able to fire them up, Yes?

And not too far away from parking so we can have show and tell   8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on May 07, 2015, 04:18:33 PM
Is the place we were at last year to far north for everyone? 
Was kind of thinking we had it pretty darn good there.
Had lot's of room and lots of table space and parking was redonkuless..
the weekend of the 6th can work for me if I can find enough scratch..  ???
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on May 07, 2015, 10:21:30 PM

Either place is fine with me. @mirkwood has a point. Lots of room and parking in Napa.

Here's a gazebo for $60. Parking is next to the park . If you guys want this I can get the reservation. San Pablo Reservoir

https://www.ebmud.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/fee-sheet-15.pdf (https://www.ebmud.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/fee-sheet-15.pdf)

https://www.ebmud.com/recreation/san-pablo-reservoir (https://www.ebmud.com/recreation/san-pablo-reservoir)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 07, 2015, 10:31:29 PM
Another solid option. Parking seems better here but sites not as big. If we get here early (as I said before, I'm cool with taking lead on that) this could work our really well. And probably a little easier for the Sac-area crew than Lafayette.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Nate on May 15, 2015, 06:37:27 PM
I might just need to crash this shindig depending on my schedule. 8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 15, 2015, 08:26:14 PM
@austin87 how was your recon of the Lafayette site last week?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 15, 2015, 11:12:40 PM
It's a 1/10th of a mile walk to the closest (free) picnic tables. Easy to bring some grills and cook some grub. Grill show and tell is probably best done in the parking lot, but it's only a 3 minute walk or so to the tables if people want to get a little mobile.

Are we still on for the 6th? I would be happy to show up at 7am and grab some tables and start cooking for an early lunch. 7th or 13th is actually better but I can make any work. Would need to leave by 11 or noon on the 6th.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: salad on May 19, 2015, 08:27:44 PM
Not to muddy the waters but Tilden Park has some picnic areas that allow you to bring your own BBQs too.  It's a quick ride from SP Reservoir too.  Lafayette is nice and has a large stage area near the parking lot.  You know what might be really cool?  Cesar Chavez Park in the Berkeley Marina.  Right on the water w/ a killer view of the Bay and SF.  Has a dedicated picnic area.  You'd need to roll the grills up to the area though.  Performers would not make that easy!  I don't know, just some thoughts.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 20, 2015, 08:50:25 PM
Hi guys, after some careful consideration I've decided to go with San Pablo reservoir as @argentflame was able to get a good price on a rental area that is more accessible to bringing grills. Thanks to @austin87 for helping scope out sites too. The site is hopefully accessible enough for members near San Jose all the way up to Sacramento.

Additional Details:

Who: WKC members in good standing and their friends & family.

Where: San Pablo Reservoir, El Sobrante CA. We've rented a gazebo so there will be plenty of space to bring grills, cook, and hang out.

When: Sunday Jun 7, 11am to ?

Cost: $7 for parking, $5 for fishing but please bring food, grills, hammock, and inflatable pool.

Activities:
BBQ
Bocce
Beer
Talking about Webers
Trading grills and bbq paraphenalia.

Other details:
The parking area is very close to the Gazebo
Dog's are allowed on leash
There are boats for rent for $10/hr
Fishing licenses are available on site
More information available here: https://www.ebmud.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/fee-sheet-15.pdf

@dazzo @Heyjude @argentflame @brettbrown @Taz @austin87 @1buckie @Cuda Dan @Alfonso @salad @kako5256 @Troy @mirkwood @Winz @Josh G + tag those I have missed.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: brettbrown on May 20, 2015, 08:54:07 PM
That day will probably work for me.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 20, 2015, 09:11:41 PM
Awesome, Brett.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Taz on May 20, 2015, 10:47:43 PM
Looks good for me. Thanks for coordinating this!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 20, 2015, 10:59:05 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting you, @Taz!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Taz on May 21, 2015, 07:59:39 AM
Likewise @pbe gummi bear!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on May 21, 2015, 09:04:07 AM
I'm most likely out of the fray on this one folks.....still all kinds of tangle with family & work, and Sunday is a day I have to stay in town......

I KNOW it will be a huge blast whomever shows up......just make sure you have some
"designated eaters"....remember last time where we couldn't stuff it all down?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 21, 2015, 10:02:00 AM
I'm going to be on the earlier arrival (8 or 9 and will start something cooking) and departure side (12ish) but am really looking forward to it.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Stu Clary on May 21, 2015, 04:51:26 PM
I think I can do this!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 21, 2015, 07:21:16 PM
Awesome, Stu!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on May 21, 2015, 08:37:52 PM
I'm thinking I will be able to make it, was thinking of maybe doing a pork butt timed to remove around 7 or 8 am and wrap it
so it will hold till we get there around 10 ~ 11ish, so we can drive the Mustang down without any cookers in it.. 
At least that is the first version of "The Plan"..    ???
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 21, 2015, 09:29:41 PM
@mirkwood, the site is only 1hr40min from Folsom. Speaking of your butt, we should probably coordinate foods for variety.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on May 21, 2015, 10:06:18 PM
We are located on Gazebo 5. After you pay the parking fee. The first gazebo you see on the left hand side is our spot. My name will be posted Alvin (Weber Kettle Club). It was the only gazebo that has about 6+ picnic tables.
(http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/yoda45/photo_zpsvvsafzb9.jpg) (http://s121.photobucket.com/user/yoda45/media/photo_zpsvvsafzb9.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on May 22, 2015, 04:35:01 AM
Looks good, Alvin. I'll bring the Weber Banner.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on May 22, 2015, 07:05:51 AM
Oooh

Can I bring my banner?

(http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b505/dazzo16/posts/random/wf_zps88345c39.jpg)

Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on May 25, 2015, 11:37:40 PM
Quote from: pbe gummi bear on May 21, 2015, 09:29:41 PM
@mirkwood, the site is only 1hr40min from Folsom. Speaking of your butt, we should probably coordinate foods for variety.

We'll be rolling from Auburn so.. a tad longer drive but pretty sure it'll be worth it. The roomie want to bring the rat, Alvin's met him
but I'm not so sure.. Is this place dog friendly?..  What is the grub situation looking like?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on May 26, 2015, 06:06:58 AM
@mirkwood this is a dog friendly park as long as Chuchi is on a leash.
It would be great to see him again.
As far as grub. I'm planning to bring lumpia and tritip.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on May 26, 2015, 11:32:51 AM
Awesome..
The list begins.

Alvin:: Lumpia & Tritip

Mirkwood:: Pulled Pork
So yeah I couldn't go to this with a cooker handy
so gonna toss one in the back of the Mustang..
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on May 26, 2015, 12:41:55 PM

I can bring the wok to fry the lumpia

8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Troy on May 27, 2015, 11:34:45 PM
My day job took a few unexpected turns.
I'm unable to make it :(

Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on May 28, 2015, 12:00:59 AM
Quote from: Troy on May 27, 2015, 11:34:45 PM
My day job took a few unexpected turns.
I'm unable to make it :(
-1

You will be missed :(
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on May 30, 2015, 09:19:56 PM
@dazzo Thanks for bringing the wok.
If you see this sign San Pablo Reservoir Boat Launch Facility make sure you pass it and keep going straight until you see the next entrance for San Pablo Park.

(http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/yoda45/SAN%20PABLO%20photo_zpszqnmnojj.jpg) (http://s121.photobucket.com/user/yoda45/media/SAN%20PABLO%20photo_zpszqnmnojj.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 03, 2015, 09:38:31 PM
Hey, who is making it this Sunday?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 03, 2015, 11:20:23 PM
I am shooting for a 10 am arrival time.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Nate on June 04, 2015, 04:51:08 AM
Don't think I'll be able to make it.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 04, 2015, 11:15:53 AM

I'm planning on being there Sunday, dragging my brother along like last time.

Other than the wok for frying lumpia, the Manturion, ashtrangle$, and the Green MBH for a photo shoot (need your skills gummi), what else should I bring?

Pineapple, peaches and avocados for grilling?
My wife suggested plates, but I told her it's more fun eating off of the grill     ;D
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 04, 2015, 06:53:03 PM
@Taz  @Cuda Dan @kako5256 @Alfonso @brettbrown @Heyjude @austin87 @salad Are you guys able to make it?

@dazzo, peaches sound great!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: brettbrown on June 04, 2015, 06:59:21 PM
I'm hoping to be there. Wife had surgery last week, she's fine, she's mobile but can't do much.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 04, 2015, 08:04:08 PM
Hope you can make it too and I wish for a speedy recovery for Mrs. Brown. If you do make it up I guarantee you'll have leftover for days so you'll be able to relax on that front!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 04, 2015, 08:04:56 PM
Quote from: dazzo on June 04, 2015, 11:15:53 AM

I'm planning on being there Sunday, dragging my brother along like last time.

Other than the wok for frying lumpia, the Manturion, ashtrangle$, and the Green MBH for a photo shoot (need your skills gummi), what else should I bring?

Pineapple, peaches and avocados for grilling?
My wife suggested plates, but I told her it's more fun eating off of the grill     ;D

@dazzo, I think we can work something out. Let's chat at the meet.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Taz on June 04, 2015, 08:16:17 PM
@pbe gummi bear, sadly, no. I've got season tickets for the Earthquakes and kickoff is at 4 on Sunday. I thought the game was Saturday, but I was mistaken.  I'd spend more time driving back and forth than I could stay. Would you and @austin87 be interested in meeting for a coffee or drinks in the next week or two since all of us are on the peninsula?  It would be great to finally meet.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 04, 2015, 08:22:03 PM
@Taz Yes, that sounds great!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 04, 2015, 08:40:41 PM
Quote from: pbe gummi bear on June 04, 2015, 06:53:03 PM
@Taz  @Cuda Dan @kako5256 @Alfonso @brettbrown @Heyjude @austin87 @salad Are you guys able to make it?

@dazzo, peaches sound great!

Y'all have a blast !!!!

I'm pretty much a shoe-in for a job I really needed....finally, so won't be down, but I'll check in & be thinking about all of you !!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: salad on June 04, 2015, 08:45:28 PM
@pbe gummi bear I can at least stop by and bring something for show.  Probably around noon, maybe a little later.  Not sure I'll have enough time to cook or eat.  We'll see, though.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 05, 2015, 01:33:45 AM
Quote from: 1buckie on June 04, 2015, 08:40:41 PM

Y'all have a blast !!!!

I'm pretty much a shoe-in for a job I really needed....finally, so won't be down, but I'll check in & be thinking about all of you !!!!

I'm glad yer getting work going on Buckie, I will be bringing a Watermelon cake in yer honor bud.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: MartyG on June 05, 2015, 01:57:16 AM
Ditto that @1buckie  Get your shoe-in, foot in the door, pedal to the metal and all that. Tell us more once that job's in the back of your truck.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on June 05, 2015, 12:50:03 PM
I will be there! Been busy with the new job but looking forward to catching you all. I had actually marked Saturday in my calendar but since it's Sunday I have no conflicts and will be there all day.

Looking at bringing/smoking a meatloaf but might need to last minute audible depending on Saturday's festivities.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: brettbrown on June 05, 2015, 05:23:00 PM
I'm in the market for a jumbo Joe if anyone has one for sale and wants to bring it to the meet up. I'm not cooking anything so far but is there anything I can bring? Drinks, beer chips dip?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Winz on June 05, 2015, 06:32:49 PM
I just want to say for the record that I am super jealous and really wish I could be there.  Great group of WKCers and I know the food will be killer.  Have a great time!


Winz
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 05, 2015, 07:37:21 PM
Quote from: Winz on June 05, 2015, 06:32:49 PM
I just want to say for the record that I am super jealous and really wish I could be there.  Great group of WKCers and I know the food will be killer.  Have a great time!
Winz

Winz, I think we all wish y'all could be here too.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 05, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
Quote from: brettbrown on June 05, 2015, 05:23:00 PM
I'm in the market for a jumbo Joe if anyone has one for sale and wants to bring it to the meet up. I'm not cooking anything so far but is there anything I can bring? Drinks, beer chips dip?

I might have what you need. Old style or new style?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: brettbrown on June 05, 2015, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: pbe gummi bear on June 05, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
Quote from: brettbrown on June 05, 2015, 05:23:00 PM
I'm in the market for a jumbo Joe if anyone has one for sale and wants to bring it to the meet up. I'm not cooking anything so far but is there anything I can bring? Drinks, beer chips dip?

I might have what you need. Old style or new style?
Any style, in good condition.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 07, 2015, 04:26:41 AM

This won't go on for long......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_-XWpUFmU
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 07, 2015, 07:19:02 AM

I'm ready, let's go...


(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/20150607_081241.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/20150607_081254.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 07, 2015, 07:20:15 AM
Anyone have tips on how to strap an RK to a Miata?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 07, 2015, 07:34:26 AM
Right on top.

Just align the vents to the windshield and you're good.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 07, 2015, 09:53:53 AM
Rick......you're pics are 5300 x 2400......crashing my puny computer..... :o

Have fun guys !!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 07, 2015, 12:51:39 PM
Sorry buckie, my phone won't take 'em any bigger  :)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/20150607_131258.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 07, 2015, 01:24:18 PM
Hey buckie, what could it be?

(http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b505/dazzo16/posts/random/20150607_140955_zpswr0ilyic.jpg)

Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 07, 2015, 01:37:02 PM
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/image.md.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 07, 2015, 04:00:25 PM
So who all made it?

Is the cake gone?

Were the 4 meats & then some represented?

Were there 'Turds on hand?

Which kettle took the 'most unique' prize?

Do you have any questions for the home viewing audience?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 07, 2015, 04:32:36 PM
Here's yer plate!

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/image4209d.md.jpg)

More pics later. 8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 07, 2015, 10:01:40 PM
Great meet today. From l-r @austin87, Dazzo's bro,  @Cuda Dan @argentflame  @brettbrown @dazzo and me.  @mirkwood in the back. It was also great to meet Mad Meet Genius (http://www.madmeatgenius.com/) but he had to leave early so he's not in the group pic.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/DSC02538ca819.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/07/DSC02539f34d1.jpg)

More pics later!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 08, 2015, 03:03:57 AM
Looks like a great turnout folks !!!!!


Gotta go, but I'll be looking for more pics later !!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: MacEggs on June 08, 2015, 07:07:07 AM
That all looks fantastic!  Nice work, fellas.  I hope there are more pics.  :D
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Nate on June 08, 2015, 03:08:45 PM
Cool! Wish I could have attended.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: SmokenJoe on June 08, 2015, 08:36:13 PM
I love it when "families" get together to "share"  ...  since I'm so new to the WKC, could you put some handles -or- names to these faces  ???  Thanks, looks like you all had a great day.  SJ
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 08, 2015, 08:40:19 PM
Great idea! Original post updated with names in order.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: SmokenJoe on June 08, 2015, 08:48:37 PM
Thanks gummi !!!   I saved a bookmark :-)   SJ
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 09, 2015, 12:36:58 AM
Quote from: Nate on June 08, 2015, 03:08:45 PM
Cool! Wish I could have attended.

Wish you could have made it too, was hoping to meet ya Nate.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: brettbrown on June 09, 2015, 05:08:50 PM
@Austin87 I've told everyone about that meatloaf you made. I need that recipe.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on June 09, 2015, 06:16:37 PM
@brettbrown thanks - I'll get it up soon. I actually measured this time so it should be fairly replicable.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 09, 2015, 07:13:53 PM
I'm down with making that too, Tho I may have to tone it down a smidgen for the roomie.  ::)
   
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Alfonso on June 09, 2015, 07:30:22 PM
Nice annual meet up! Knew about it but had a special pick up, Next time for sure!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 09, 2015, 09:41:24 PM
@mirkwood- I'm feeling lazy. Post some pics will ya?
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 09, 2015, 11:03:43 PM
Really didn't get many but I'll see what I gots
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 10, 2015, 02:07:58 AM
Quote from: mirkwood on June 09, 2015, 11:03:43 PM
Really didn't get many but I'll see what I gots
I worked on a few but need sleep, will post them after I get up and
splash some coffee in my eyes..

In the mean time check out this sunburst on the brownie

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/StarBurst.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 10, 2015, 04:23:52 AM
8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Chilebrown on June 10, 2015, 05:24:55 AM
It was nice to meet everyone. Here is a link to Mad Meat Genius . com that has several pictures.

http://www.madmeatgenius.com/2015/06/weber-kettle-club.html
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 10:15:32 AM
Thanks for the writeup, @Chilebrown! It was great to meet you. I hope we can hang out again soon. I'll be posting more pictures in the next day or two so stay tuned.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 10, 2015, 10:20:01 AM
Some of the food got away....

(http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b505/dazzo16/posts/random/20150607_144536_zps1imv486b.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 10, 2015, 01:31:09 PM

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/AlvincookingLumpia.jpg)
Argentflame working his magic on some Lumpia.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/PrimaryColors.jpg)
From front to back.. Argentflame, Austin87, Brettbrown and last but certainly not least Cuda Dan
and some primary colors.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/BeautifulBrownie.jpg)
Dazzo's early 70's Brave BAR-B-Q KETTLE with a PAT. number vent and plastic WW wheels
Which he picked it up, rarely used, from Roxanne.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/DazzoContemplatingaWeberlessLife.jpg)
Kids and their damn tech toys, the man is texting at a meet up, but to be fair Daz was trying
to give realtime updates to the WKC of the days activities..
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 10, 2015, 01:42:04 PM
Quote from: dazzo on June 10, 2015, 10:20:01 AM
Some of the food got away....

(http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b505/dazzo16/posts/random/20150607_144536_zps1imv486b.jpg)

Snake method, eh what?


8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: 1buckie on June 10, 2015, 01:45:32 PM
This is a great pic, Lance !!!!

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/PrimaryColors.jpg)
From front to back.. Argentflame, Austin87, Brettbrown and last but certainly not least Cuda Dan


All pics are good, but this one shows what we're made of.................kettles, color kettles also, great food & great folks !!!!!


Good job one & all !!!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 10, 2015, 02:16:13 PM
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/Lawrence.jpg)
I think everyone knows this guy

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/HotMeatloaf.jpg)
austin87's seriously spicy meatloaf that was hella tasty, I'm not one who can tolerate
a lot of spice heat but I really like it and would like the recipe for it. I'm not sure who's
mitt that is, but it looks like they are making a try for the meatloaf..

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/CuDazzUtin.jpg)
Cuda Dan pimping the cake so Dazzo could take a pic of it to post up and austin87
looks like he is planning his run on the food table for maximum sampleage..

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/BannerShot.jpg)
brettbrown supervises as Cuda Dan and argentflame try to figure out a way to
hang the banner.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: 1buckie on June 10, 2015, 01:42:04 PM
Quote from: dazzo on June 10, 2015, 10:20:01 AM
Some of the food got away....

(http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b505/dazzo16/posts/random/20150607_144536_zps1imv486b.jpg)

Snake method, eh what?


8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THESE M'FING SNAKES ON MY MF'ING KETTLES!!!!!!!!


Great pics, Mirk. I'm pretty sure that's my mitt rearranging mr. piggie for the photo op. I'm glad you got a pic of the Weber Banner with the Kettles. We held it too low when I took my pics so half the logo was cutoff. D'oh!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: MartyG on June 10, 2015, 05:12:49 PM
I heard snakes weren't the only ugly critters you had there!  :o
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/487/18067672844_5a237ddcc9_c.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 10, 2015, 06:49:16 PM
Thanks Marty.

Forget the snake.

Now I'm gonna have nightmares for a week. Possibly therapy.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 10, 2015, 08:11:47 PM
Quote from: MartyG on June 10, 2015, 05:12:49 PM
I heard snakes weren't the only ugly critters you had there!  :o
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/487/18067672844_5a237ddcc9_c.jpg)

OH SNAP!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 08:29:29 PM
lol, if you squint hard enough it looks a a Gummi Gummi.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 08:52:47 PM
People pictures

@dazzo on a diet
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet01.jpg)

@argentflame
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet02.jpg)

Our guard dog.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet04.jpg)

@austin87 @brettbrown @Cuda Dan and @Chilebrown
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet05.jpg)

@dazzo Bros.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet07.jpg)

@dazzo and @Cuda Dan
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet08.jpg)

Mirkwood showing us his Big Dick (rub)
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet13.jpg)

Grimace? @mirkwood?
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet20.jpg)

@argentflame the proud papa
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet29.jpg)

@austin87 caught our lunch
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet36.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 08:55:59 PM
Stuff



(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet37.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet27.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet19.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet18.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: pbe gummi bear on June 10, 2015, 09:20:33 PM
Epic Food pics

@dazzo's fruit and veggie station

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet15.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet09.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet10.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet11.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet17.jpg)

@argentflame's Lumpia

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet03.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet12.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet16.jpg)


@argentflame's lamb

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet25.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet24.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet31.jpg)

My Grilled Cheese

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet22.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet23.jpg)

@brettbrown's bacon wrapped sausages
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet14.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet21.jpg)

@mirkwood's pulled pork and Dessert 'turds with blueberries, cream cheese, and sour cream.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet26.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet28.jpg)

@austin87's Meatloaf

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet33.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet30.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet32.jpg)

@mirkwood's Watermelon Cake in honor of @1buckie

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet34.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2015/06/10/WKCJun2015Meet35.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: MartyG on June 11, 2015, 05:14:07 AM
Something tells me this wasn't your first rodeo!  ;)
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/281/18082936494_b4a4504a9a_h.jpg)
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Chilebrown on June 11, 2015, 05:19:01 AM
Nice pictures. I cannot decide which looks the tastiest. I do love pulled pork and the watermelon cake sure grabs your attention. Good Eats!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: dazzo on June 11, 2015, 07:19:10 AM
I Have Arrived!

.......


Wanna see my pictures on the cover

Wanna buy five copies for my mother

Wanna see my smiling face

On the cover the cover of the Cat-a-log
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Cuda Dan on June 11, 2015, 09:13:06 AM
Great work on the photo shopping I like it a lot.....
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on June 11, 2015, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: Cuda Dan on June 11, 2015, 09:13:06 AM
Great work on the photo shopping I like it a lot.....

+1. The photoshop is very cool.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: SmokenJoe on June 11, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
Look, even then, Dazzo be style'n  ...
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: mirkwood on June 11, 2015, 05:48:55 PM
Polyester fire hazard alert !!!!!
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Chilebrown on June 13, 2015, 06:33:36 AM
Would you mind if I posted that photoshopped image on FB. I love it.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: argentflame on June 13, 2015, 06:48:24 AM
@Chilebrown
No problem. Go ahead post it.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Chilebrown on June 13, 2015, 06:52:34 AM
Thanks
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Heyjude on June 14, 2015, 03:19:40 PM
Dazzo sporting pink is so him! Man you guys are showing your age! Lol..
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: Nate on June 16, 2015, 05:05:22 PM
@austin87  what's the recipient for you spicy meatloaf?  Looks delicious.
Title: Re: Spring 2015 West Coast WKC meet master thread
Post by: austin87 on June 17, 2015, 09:00:40 PM
Meatloaf recipe is here: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/wkc-norcal-spring-meet-meatloaf-finally!/