Weber Kettle Club Forums

Weber Kettle Community => Meetups & Events => Topic started by: SixZeroFour on February 16, 2015, 09:15:00 AM

Title: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: SixZeroFour on February 16, 2015, 09:15:00 AM
I'm down visiting my folks in Palm Springs and was lucky enough to meet up with @Troy and @Jason Beach for a mini meet / Feast!

First I drooled over his sweet collection - omg the glen blue is sweet!

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/590c0dba3f6363d15f0e1ffdfc6b0df3.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/d3956aedb180b9d4fae15d3adfc45fe5.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/ef161928d3e11c48dd6105c8421fecec.jpg)

Then it was onto the food.... And Troy didn't mess around!! He cooked up an amazing bacon wrapped pork tenderloin smothered in some homemade bbq sauce that was REALLY good! Also accompanied by Prosciutto Provolone Asparagus that blew our minds! Jason also brought some really good wings and I pitched in some bacon wrapped pineapple. We all ate our faces off and shared some real good beers!

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/27e7ee3cf62f664bd27b8d37166060dd.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/c0a7dd61381a286126192f5504cc7fb8.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/8131321e6b221ba5f804744450e68d0e.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/2f5875c2b27ee37f9621ae4cc76e17c5.jpg)
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/292b4bf4ddad7f5237d83e5f32f35e7d.jpg)

A huge thank you to Troy and Johwey for welcoming us into their home. Just a beautiful spot... I'm so jealous of Troys grilling area, it puts mine to shame! And also big thanks to Jason for making the trip up! It was really great meeting you both and cheers for the gifts gentleman! Hope to see you both again next year!!

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/c037d0266cc7c1416b38e6ead08422b2.jpg)
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: MrHoss on February 16, 2015, 10:05:56 AM
Cool guys. A proper cook up with fellow members ought to be memorable. Holy crap that food looks amazing. The tenderloin and asparagus wraps look like they are right out of a upper level restaurant Troy. The vintage Kettles are a beauty backdrop....eye candy.

Being able to wear sandals without frostbite concerns after 5 minutes is beauty too.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: 1buckie on February 16, 2015, 10:49:06 AM
Great surroundings, great hosts, great food, great kettles, great friends......leave anything out?
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Jammato on February 16, 2015, 11:13:05 AM
great weather
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Jammato on February 16, 2015, 11:13:28 AM
looks like a grate time
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: SixZeroFour on February 16, 2015, 05:10:52 PM
It really was... the perfect afternoon IMO 8)

Here's one more shot with both of the yellers! Gotta love the pastels.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/16/760b1cd8907942e7d99e80d3352531a0.jpg)
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Jason on February 16, 2015, 06:44:58 PM
The company, the food, the grills... nice afternoon!

I'm glad I was able to drive up and hang out with you guys!  8)






Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: lemisfits on February 16, 2015, 06:55:17 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to meet up wit you guys.  I had a kid's bday party to go to during the day.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: argentflame on February 16, 2015, 07:59:04 PM
Awesome meetup. Wish I was there.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Troy on February 16, 2015, 08:56:02 PM
I had a great time guys!!  I wish my wife Johwey had been feeling better.

The beers were great, the food was amazing, and the company was unbeatable.

I can't wait to do it again!!
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Tim in PA on February 17, 2015, 04:01:39 AM
Looks like a fun time!
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: LightningBoldtz on February 17, 2015, 08:49:48 AM
Looks like a good time, so jealous of the weather, as I sit in MI close to 0 degrees F temps
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: MrHoss on March 01, 2015, 06:13:41 PM
Okay. Those Prosciutto Provolone Asparagus wraps looked so damn good...and I was thinking about them long enough...that I had to take a kick at them.

Tonight's dinner:

(http://i59.tinypic.com/v8qa1z.jpg)

Thanks @Troy - bloody beauty.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: SixZeroFour on March 01, 2015, 06:45:50 PM
^ nice looking spread Hoss!!! I'm totally sold on the PPA - Troy is a genius! 8)
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Troy on March 01, 2015, 06:46:59 PM
Quote from: MrHoss on March 01, 2015, 06:13:41 PM
Okay. Those Prosciutto Provolone Asparagus wraps looked so damn good...and I was thinking about them long enough...that I had to take a kick at them.

Tonight's dinner:


Thanks @Troy - bloody beauty.

Right on!!
Super easy to do and CRAZY freaking delicious.
I just wish prosciutto wasn't so expensive.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: jamesnomore on March 04, 2015, 06:09:20 PM
Still bummed I wasn't able to join you guys...next time!
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Troy on March 04, 2015, 06:46:52 PM
Quote from: jamesnomore on March 04, 2015, 06:09:20 PM
Still bummed I wasn't able to join you guys...next time!
I'm not sure if we'll have hookers and blow at the next one though...
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Danny C on March 06, 2015, 05:52:21 PM
How do you guys make the asparagus wraps? They look awesome!
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: SixZeroFour on March 07, 2015, 08:28:35 AM
Quote from: Danny C on March 06, 2015, 05:52:21 PM
How do you guys make the asparagus wraps? They look awesome!

Just take a few sticks of asparagus, wrap in the provolone and then wrap the prosciutto overtop of the cheese and cook. Simple as that! ... Oh and while you are cooking, try to mentally prepare yourself for the amazing flavour you are about to experience ;)
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Danny C on March 07, 2015, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: SixZeroFour on March 07, 2015, 08:28:35 AM
Quote from: Danny C on March 06, 2015, 05:52:21 PM
How do you guys make the asparagus wraps? They look awesome!

Just take a few sticks of asparagus, wrap in the provolone and then wrap the prosciutto overtop of the cheese and cook. Simple as that! ... Oh and while you are cooking, try to mentally prepare yourself for the amazing flavour you are about to experience ;)

thank you for the response
That sounds good. It's already 81 degrees here at 10:30 am ,that will be a nice cook tonight
Danny
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Jason on March 07, 2015, 07:29:40 PM
Step 1
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/8a4ddf46bff822ac190115a588ad9edb.jpg)
Step 2
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/f50d1a32382b9c803fe19352ea91c879.jpg)
Step 3
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/eb6b58c8827effbcb1809f7ee9fdfced.jpg)
Done, and ready for the grill!
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/b730ce2f4e6679b7b23df86607187849.jpg)
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Danny C on March 08, 2015, 11:30:29 AM
Thank you Jason, that is exactly what I needed!
Danny
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Darko on May 15, 2016, 05:37:55 PM
I know! Old thread.... But, Dammit I'm making these. We got fresh local asparagus available.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Travis on May 16, 2016, 01:37:26 PM
Awe man, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet! That looked like a great time fellas!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Jason on May 16, 2016, 03:07:46 PM
Quote from: Darko on May 15, 2016, 05:37:55 PM
I know! Old thread.... But, Dammit I'm making these. We got fresh local asparagus available.

I make these fairly regularly, as I haven't burned out on them at all. I use the really thin sliced Provolone. Cook indirect.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Darko on May 18, 2016, 10:06:45 AM
Made them last night. Man they were delicious. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Title: Re: Mini meet-up with Troy and Jason Beach
Post by: Troy on May 18, 2016, 01:33:25 PM
I still make them regularly too.
Pro tip, buy the nice provolone from the deli counter. Get the nice stuff, Boars Head or something better.
It's more and pungent and nutty than the ones in the fridge section.