Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spring is here!  (Read 1483 times)

HankB

• WKC Performer
Spring is here!
« on: April 05, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »
For today anyway. It hit 50°F and with the sun out, I could work outside in a T-shirt and apron and be comfortable. Nor did I have to race inside with everything that came off the grill before it froze to the plate (or fire up a gasser just to hold food. ;) ) It was wonderful. I had no Big Plans so I just pulled some lamb chops out of the freezer and grabbed some veggies to grill with them.

Spuds went on first to be followed by carrots and broccoli.

And then the chops. I covered them with some peanut oil liberally enhanced with fresh garlic, rosemary and thyme.

Yum!

kettles, smokers...

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Spring is here!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:13:32 PM »
Believe it or not I've never had lamb chops. How much am I missing out on Hank? Comparable to what type if food. I'm game to try em but may have to convince some others in the family.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »
Looks great Hank!  Can you please talk a little bit about why you prefer to cook on that cast iron grate on top of the other grate?  Just gets a little hotter or does it give you more control or what?  I don't know much about that.  Thanks!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
When I ask SWMBO what she wants from the grill, Lamb Chops are the answer! Personally I'd take them over steak. And you can cook them the same way (reverse sear or just sear.)

Best way to meet resistance is to have an alternative. I did that when we had family coming over and when advised we would be serving lamb chops started with the "I've not had that. not sure if I'll like it." I made pork chops too. At the end of the meal the lamb chops were all gone and we had pork chops left over. And the pork chops were good too, of course!

The best thing about the CI grate is the tight spacing on the bars. Very little opportunity for things to fall through. Second, it provides a great deal of thermal mass. The bars are about 3/4" high so there's a lot of metal there. Once it gets hot it makes great grill marks.
kettles, smokers...

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:29:04 PM »
Thank you Hank.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
It all looks great! I understand you excitement over the weather....it is nice to be able to enjoy the grilling experience without battling the elements. Here in Vegas I don't have to worry about the cold but the wind can be a real downer....but I never let that stop me....as long as I can get the fire started I will grill no matter how hard the wind blows. Lamb is one of those things I have never had either...my Wife and I want to try it sometime but have not as of yet, it looks great!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!