Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steak and Potatoes  (Read 1825 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Steak and Potatoes
« on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »
Nothing too fancy, but one of my favorite things to grill since I got a digital thermometer and it took all the guess work out of the "Is it done yet.....let me cut into it or poke it with my finger" stuff. Oddly enough, I have never baked any potatoes on the Weber before. I have baked them on my old grill but this was a first....and since my Wife and Daughter were raving about them , I am sure it will become a regular. I started the spuds first at about 425 degrees for a little over an hour and then I moved them downstairs and added some more fuel and closed the vents down to drop the temp to about 275 degrees for the reverse sear. After the meat got to 130 internal I opened the vents all the way to get some heat happening and then did the sear to bring them up to 140 internal. Everyone loved it....I guess I get to keep making dinner for at least another week!

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Steak and Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
Interesting method. I'd like to try that. Thank you for sharing!  :) :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »

Great Cookup.......

I've been practicing the reverse sear thing & slowly getting better at it......kind of a dunce when it comes to hi-heat grilling.......

I can't remember not doing taters on a kettle.....

A few years back, I stuck a Thermopen in ones I was sure were done how we like & it was right around 210f.......another fun thing is to stab them all over w/ a fork & smoke fairly heavy.....smoked bakers are great!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:24:22 AM »
Nice job, I haven't done steaks in a while and need to change that.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:43 AM »
On a side note, even though I have not been posting here for awhile, I have been grilling all the time and I went through a short phase ( about a week)when I was using my original grate that came with my Weber. There are some nice things about it , including it's easy to remove and easy to brush off after cooking but I have gone back to using my Craycort....in no small part just because it looks so BADASS! I don't really mind the extra effort to clean etc. I have to say that if only for the removable sections during a cook it would be worth it.  Did I mention that it looks BADASS!?
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »
Fantastic! Steak and taters YUM!!  8)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
Excellent looking steaks. These and Iowa chops are my staples.

Nice job, I haven't done steaks in a while and need to change that.

Is the California sun getting to you? Fire up your Traveler and sear some cow!  ;)