Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: To rotisserie the Ham or not??  (Read 1473 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
To rotisserie the Ham or not??
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »
Hey guys I've been absent a lot lately, I'm finally caught up on my wedding work. Boy it got crazy there for awhile!

Anyway just before thanksgiving I finally bought a rotisserie. I did a practice run on a chicken the day I got it, then a pork loin shortly after. Then boom thanksgiving Turkey and it was outta this world good.

Now it comes down to the Christmas ham, I have a 6.5 pound ham that needs cooked tomorrow. Should I rotisserie it or do it the classic weber way in a pan? Has anyone done a roti ham before?  Thanks gents! Merry Christmas!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: To rotisserie the Ham or not??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »
So sorry I didn't see this post sooner, Michael. 

I once strapped a whole, uncured ham (aka, "back leg of a pig") to the rotisserie for a smoke-roast, and it was spectacular.  It was tough listening to that motor labor under almost 20 pounds of load, but it came thru the ordeal just fine. 

What did you end up doing?  I'm sure it was delicious either way. 
One of the charcoal people.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »
I am curious about the roti-ham also, how did it work out?

And welcome back!!:)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 06:49:37 AM »
Sorry guys! Since it was a busy morning I ended up going classic style. Glass pan, I cut some cross marks into the ham then packed brown sugar on top, a touch of Clove and a half can of coke in the bottom(learned this from my wife it helps breakdown and soften the ham even more). Covered with foil and baked on the grill for a few hours. When it hit temp, I removed all the liquid and added another coat of brown sugar to the top. Then about 15-20 minutes without a cover. Gave it a nice glaze on top.

Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner were both great! The webers just make life easy, perfection both times. I'm the official meat  cooker for holidays now, I don't mind that at all.

Happy New Years gents!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer