Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Breaking in the new CB Stacker & Direct Chicken  (Read 1341 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Breaking in the new CB Stacker & Direct Chicken
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
So I finally broke down and pulled the trigger on this stacker. It's really well made and fits like a glove. I did a couple racks of beef ribs dusted with Dizzy Pigs Red Eye Express along with some potato's and baby carrots. I'm still getting it dialed in, but it's working the way I had hoped it would.

I also attempted some direct chicken, like the stuff most of us grew up with that had the charred carmelized sauce and it was really crispy. My inlaws like it like this, so I have tried in the past to make it this way, but the results haven't always been what I was looking for until now. :)

This was done direct over lump on the Craycort on the top rack. It was a long ways away from the fire, but the Craycort got really hot so it worked well. Towards then end I sauced the legs and let it bake and sear on. I will be doing this again. Sorry no grill shots it was pouring outside. ::)

If any of you guys make chicken like this please share your methods. My nephew does a pretty good job on his basic Weber, but it's not nearly as consistent as this was.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:33:40 PM by Duke »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Breaking in the new CB Stacker & Direct Chicken
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »
Looking good Shaun, how does the stacker fit on there? Nice and tight? Food looks good to me...
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
I don't have much to add to your method, I have the best luck with mine directly over the coals too with the grate on my Hasty Bake set far away . My favorite sauce for that method of chicken is regular old Krafts BBQ sauce. I'm sure it has something to do with some memory nerve bundle in my brain telling me that's what  grilled chicken is supposed to taste like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »
P.S good looking stacker and great looking chicken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD