Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilling burgers  (Read 13034 times)

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
Re: Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
Thanks for the link.

There are some interesting and exotic burger recipes there!

Try some of these bad boys http://bbqpitboys.com/burger-recipes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
Re: Re: Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
I'd never heard of Old Bay before.

I'll give it a try, if I can find it in a local store.

For quickness I'll get some Costco burgers and season them with salt/pepper and old bay seasoning, old bay tastes that good I could eat it on its own

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 08:10:14 PM »
Thx for the Old Bay Seasoning photo!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:53:44 AM by SimSportPlyr »

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 04:57:16 AM »
Old Bay seasoning is amazing and is a staple for anyone living anywhere remotely close to the Chesapeake Bay area. I put that stuff on everything.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

esq3585

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Re: Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
I'd never heard of Old Bay before.

I'll give it a try, if I can find it in a local store.

For quickness I'll get some Costco burgers and season them with salt/pepper and old bay seasoning, old bay tastes that good I could eat it on its own

I usually order it from Amazon as we have nowhere here locally to purchase it

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
Thx.

I'll order it from amazon the next time I put together a $25/$35 order.

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
May I ask what you put it on besides grilled meat?

Old Bay seasoning is amazing and is a staple for anyone living anywhere remotely close to the Chesapeake Bay area. I put that stuff on everything.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 10:19:59 AM »

Any style of eggs, fries/potatoes, corn on the cob, on the butter side of grilled cheese, burgers, and of course, the whole point of the stuff is to use it on crabs. So many possibilities.

SimSportPlyr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
Thanks, Tim!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
Great thread, guys. Keep up the good work!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

esq3585

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: Grilling burgers
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

Any style of eggs, fries/potatoes, corn on the cob, on the butter side of grilled cheese, burgers, and of course, the whole point of the stuff is to use it on crabs. So many possibilities.
+1

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »
Thanks, Tim!

No problem.

Last night I breaded some pork chops and potato wedges with flour and added a bunch of old bay to that as well. ;)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »
Im a little late to this party but I have a good one.  I use a food scale to make sure all pattys are same weight. 10-12oz.  I hand form all pattys to a little over bun width to account for shrinkage.  I use an "Americas Test Kitchen" recipe.  If you have not heard of these folks they attack recipes with scientific methods to perfect results.  This recipe is the first one I tried and I believe is the burger that sparked off my Weberitis.   The key here for me is the food scale to make sure all are cooked at the same time and the "dimple."  The burgers are going to puff up in the middle so compensate for that by pressing a dimple in the middle about a 1/4 of the way thru the center of the patty on one side.  Start with that side up.  Do not flip burgers until 6-8 minutes.  DO NOT SEAR (squish) PATTY!!!!  Burgers will pull away from grate when read to flip assuming that its clean and slightly oiled.  Flip.  4-6 minutes.  (i make big burgers compared to this recipe and my cook times have been adjusted to my needs and taste)

Many of you may be calling BS on almost 20 minutes of cook time for a burger.  This recipe is for a well-done burger.  I usually order a rare to medium rare when ordering at a restaurant, but when at home I do it like this and my homemade burgers are better.   Many of you may think that this will be a hockey puck, but I assure you that this recipe is the BOMBDIGGIDY!  The milk/bread mixture is the key to allowing longer cook times with retaining moisture.

http://www.jnoelle.com/recipes/Well-Done-Burgers.pdf
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

2wheel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 03:36:12 PM »

A little off topic but he did ask....
I rub light olive oil on a salmon fillet and sprinkle old bay and rosemary flakes on it then wrap it in foil and place on a cast iron griddle on the grill for 20-25 min. The bottom is a tad crispy and the rest melts in your mouth. 250-275 degrees.

GC8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
GC8, yum, that looks good!

May I ask what type of seasoning you show in the photo?

It's called Cavender's.  My mom used to put it on all sorts of stuff when growing up...what really sticks out is pizza and raw tomatoes from the garden.  I like to put it on almost everything; I really like it as a steak seasoning as well as mixing in with ground beef for burgers.  I use the yellow version but they make a salt-free version that is blue.  I've never had that so can't really speak to it.
'79 22.5" Brownie - '00 Black SS Performer - '03 Green OTP - SJS Mini-WSM - Jumbo Joe - 22.5" Happy Cooker - '07 SJS