Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Plated chops and asparagus test photo  (Read 1184 times)

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
Plated chops and asparagus test photo
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Plated chops and asparagus test photo
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
Chops look moist.  Nice meal...

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Plated chops and asparagus test photo
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
Food looks good, picture looks grainy. It also looks like it was rotated based on the perspective of the plate. How does it look at the photo hosting site?

It baffles me that the camera can include orientation in the EXIF data and there are so called modern operating systems that ignore it. (Windows - I'm looking at you!  >:( ) I take that for granted when using Linux.

Graininess is probably a result of lighting. If you can take the time to set up the picture, can you get more lighting? It would be a big help. Even cell phone cameras can get a surprisingly good image these days if provided with decent light levels.

Food styling looks fine (and I'm the wrong person to comment on that anyhoo  ::) ) I would eliminate whatever caused the white triangle on the left. It contributes nothing that I can see and serves to distract. I would probably cut the meat so we could see a cross section too.

Take my critique with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own goals in photography and the comments reflect my sensibilities (or lack thereof.)
kettles, smokers...