Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb  (Read 2901 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »
Browsing on you tube I came across this recipe that is very easy to say but the challenge is to cook impeccably an egg !
ingredients
3 eggs
10 slices of bacon
5 sausages
Rub : no
Smoking : Pecan chips

First, put the eggs in a saucepan with cold water and bring to a boil .. by the time the water was boiling I figured 4 minutes for 2 eggs and 6 for the other two .. are intolerant to the yolk and I wanted to make two more sodas in order to separate it .. however, everyone will have their own method to cook ! At the right moment cooled in ice water to stop the cooking and then peel them easily wrap with sausage and wrap them with the bacon after that .. unfortunately I miscalculated and I managed to do only three bombs! I cooked the bombs in Smokey Joe at 180/200 * C for 30 min then I cut with anxiety but neither was soft-boiled eggs .. the third , however, had to be to force more soda since I have cooked more ! Whatever the flavor was great .. the flavor and the crunchiness of the bacon is amalgamated with the great softness of sausage and egg .. taste them together was really tasty .. and a note of Pecan I like it very much! Too bad that the egg was not cooked well but since the thickness of the bacon I had to increase the baking time so the egg became hard .. next time I'll make the slices thin so as to combine the various cooking ! A real challenge.
[
BBQ are never enough

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
Re: Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
they look great, another one i will have to try.

ray.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
fffuuuccckkk yyyeeeaaahhh

scotch eggs
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:07:54 AM »
Now that's a hot pocket! Thank you for sharing.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:27:01 AM »

Those are great !!!!

I've done them with just the sausage before.......don't know why I didn't wrap in bacon !!!!

Great job on the wrap up.......bacon is sometimes hard to work with on small areas like that !!!!

Mark, from Canada, MacEggs, knows all about how to get the eggs just right.......he does pickled eggs & things like this a lot......we can get some good guidance from him, I'm sure......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »
Those look soooo good!! Wrapped in bacon, well ... that's just ... genius!  :o :D

Mark, from Canada, MacEggs, knows all about how to get the eggs just right.......he does pickled eggs & things like this a lot......we can get some good guidance from him, I'm sure......

He did say ....

everyone will have their own method to cook !

That's another way of saying YMMV (Your Method May Vary).  ;) ;)

Here is what I can offer. I rarely do just 3-6 eggs at a time ... it's usually more like 5 dozen at a time.
Anyway ... I like to pierce the egg, then put them into the pot and cover with cold water. Then bring to a boil.
I then remove from heat and keep the pot covered for 15-20 minutes. Drain. Cover with cold water, and a bunch of ice for 15-20 mins.
Then begin to crack and peel. I usually crack the large end first, then the rest ... then roll in hands like a ball of Silly Putty.

I don't like to use fresh eggs. 10-14 days after purchase. Prior to cooking, let them sit at room temperature for at least an hour.

It's really not too labour intensive. Just time. Do other stuff while you're waiting ... like search CL for kettles.  :D ;)

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
Thanks MacEggs, next time I will follow your step by step explanation and I'm sure the result will be much better! is the first time that I make and eat. I knew it would be difficult to make them but I'm still happy because they were very good!
BBQ are never enough

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
This is excellent. Thank you for sharing! I also added it to the posts of the week.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »

This is excellent. Thank you for sharing! I also added it to the posts of the week.
Thank you very much! For me it is an honor to be in the post of the week, I never would have thought! Thanks again..
BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Bacon Sausage Egg Bomb
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »

fffuuuccckkk yyyeeeaaahhh

scotch eggs
I repeat this phrase every day to my wife!
BBQ are never enough