Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Newbie from April.............Few things I have made.  (Read 2810 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Newbie from April.............Few things I have made.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 04:33:41 AM »

Hank ~~~>

" It has the interesting property that I can actually taste the cherry flavor in what I smoke with it."

no kiddin'......sometimes just the burning wood will smell like a Luden's or Smith Bros. cough drop.....brings back fond memories....love that flavor !!!!

.... it does end out in the food too !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
Newbie from April.............Few things I have made.
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »
There's so much to look at I don't know where to start! Love that ham and want to try a turkey breast soon. Lots of great stuff you've got going on. 8)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Newbie from April.............Few things I have made.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
Here I pulled out my Lime Smokey Joe to sear some chicken legs and sausage before I would move them onto the Big Blue Platinum Performer for a little low and slow with them along with 2 cornish game hens that I did at the same time.  The Smokey Joe is very cool to use and when it sits on the Weber table made for it then its even better.  Might look at a Jumbo Joe because non of the kettles that a few WKC members sent to me will be ready til spring when I can work on them outside and not freeze my outside water line.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)