Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: getting the hang of this  (Read 1932 times)

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
getting the hang of this
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »
Hiya all, managed to have another cook while we still had a touch of dry/half decent weather over here.
Am loving the sj and more importantly, getting to know how to use it.

This time it was wings again, I’m loving them, one lot with a dry rub, that still needs tweaking and another with a sauce, cant really fault them, I am using the 30, 20 10 method and we have not had a bad wing yet.

I also had a glut of tomato’s this year, so a few of them went into a foil tray, along with some balsamic, garlic, salt and sugar and some dried basil and oregano, they were really nice spread on a big chunk of garlic bread.

Once the first batch of wing came off, I threw on a couple of lamb chops, these had simply been rubbed with some garlic butter and dried mint, I overcooked them a touch but they were still nice and something that I will definitely be doing again.

The weather is turning to autumn now so am not sure if I’ll get the chance to fire up again, I certainly hope so and don’t really mind the cold as long as the rain stays away.

Later.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: getting the hang of this
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »
Loving what you are churning out on the SJ. You'll have to share that rub recipe once you get it right. :)

Do you have somewhere undercover where you can keep grilling once the weather turns?

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Joethebartender

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:12:58 AM »
Hell of a job with those wings!  Looks great.  I have a few tomatoes that might be seeing some garlic bread this weekend too.
Cheers.
-Joe

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:22:34 AM »
Ray,

"Weber Chefs don't quit when winter comes.  They prefer the fun, flavor, and ease of Kettle Cooking, whatever the weather" -- Barbecuing the Weber Covered Way, 1972
"The Weber Kettle man is a chef for all seasons."-- Barbecuing the Weber Covered Way, 1972

Your stuff looks great, don't let the changing seasons stop you.   :D

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
getting the hang of this
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Ray, keep on cooking! I love to see what you are able to turn out on the SJ.  :)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
getting the hang of this
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
I think you're at the top for the most food on a little grill. Try to find a covered place for winter grilling. It's worth it.

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
thanks gents, unfortunately i have no covered area, although a cheap gazebo might be an idea, it would keep me cooking.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

Mmmmm

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: getting the hang of this
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
thanks gents, unfortunately i have no covered area, although a cheap gazebo might be an idea, it would keep me cooking.

Like I told someone the other day on a different forum, as long as you can see to navigate to your kettle and back it's grilling weather. Anything whiter than that and you probably ought to use the indoor oven.
"What this world needs is more humble geniuses. There are so few of us left."