Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Quick roti dinner  (Read 2038 times)

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
My family gave me a new roti for my birthday and I am trying to get in a quick dinner using it before the work week starts. Nothing fancy, just wanted to share.

Part way done..

Sweet potato wedges going on the performer...

A quick apple crisp going in the oven...

I'll try to post some more later....

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I can't wait to pick my roti up from Bman. But I want him to break it in right first. Good looken chicken by the way.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »
Peas, you are going to LOVE IT! This thing is awesome! It is so hard to not get a nice juicy yard bird out of it. I just set the kettle to about 350 and let er roll till it spit out a juice filled package of goodness!

Done and now gone!

Everything was a hit.  I especially like being able to add a little smoke flavor to the bird. On this one I threw a few chunks of pecan in which everyone liked.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Quick roti dinner
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »
Damn that looks great!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
Happy birthday TBS! That looks terrific!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:42:57 PM »
Lookin' good TBS.  I see you have the new style roti ring that is a similar shape as that of the bottom of a 22 WSM middle section.  How well does it fit?   

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »
G, it fit well. I let some wood chunks smoke up quite a bit when I started up. Nothing came out the bottom and not too bad out the top. Not too much lateral movement on the kettle. I did notice it fits better on the newer kettles than it does on the older kettles. I didn't investigate they too deeply though. It also fits really well on my ss performer. There are notches in the bottom to fit around the lid bale screws. I am not sure if the older style has that but it seemed to help lock it in place even more. I am very pleased with it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:15:11 AM by Thin Blue Smoke »

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
Very nice looking chicken right there, great colour!. What did you put on the skin?

It really is hard to go past a yardbird cooked over charcoal on the weber roti.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Quick roti dinner
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:54 AM »
Thanks Ken,  I put a little evo and then sprinkled with a little lemon pepper seasoning. I probably could have saved the time because I don't think those two things had much effect on the results.

It is hard to screw up dinner on the Weber and almost impossible to screw it up with a rotisserie. :)