Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Tri Tip  (Read 1432 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Pulled Tri Tip
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
We always like the tri tip lefties around here. We slow cook them the next day and they come out like butter. Well I decided to just do a whole one that I had sitting way down in the depths of the freezer. I rubbed it with Cowboy and put it in for a long slow smoak bath. After it was pulled out I gave it a long tin foil rest with a little balsamic for that European flair. I also saved the drippings for a brown gravy to go with the garlic mashers my wife made.

Serious shrinkage.

Look at all that butter! :o

I would say this is something I would do again in the future, but the next time I will rub it with mustard because we like a lot of bark.

I hope you all had a great Labor Day with your families and friends. :)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:43:21 PM by Duke »

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: Pulled Tri Tip
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:51:24 AM »
Good lookin chow Duke, but is that a little kids plate?  That's just a tease to the taste buds.  lol
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »
Good lookin chow Duke, but is that a little kids plate?  That's just a tease to the taste buds.  lol

Yeah, there was plenty more in front of me. I just wanted everyone to be able to see it. I ate three of these. :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:13:12 AM »

This is one time where shrinkage is really no problem....... 8)

Way to hum on the smoak & shread, man !!!!

Mashed potatoes are yellow.....statement of fact....... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Pulled Tri Tip
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
That looks great! I've seen it done so many ways here. So I would assume that you smoked that similar to a brisket? Or you can serve it like a steak rare-medium right?

I have yet to try Tritip, the only place near me I can find is a butcher shop about 45 minutes away. I also saw a huge bag at Costco for $100+ but without trying it I can't spend that kind if money lol.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
That looks great! I've seen it done so many ways here. So I would assume that you smoked that similar to a brisket? Or you can serve it like a steak rare-medium right?

I have yet to try Tritip, the only place near me I can find is a butcher shop about 45 minutes away. I also saw a huge bag at Costco for $100+ but without trying it I can't spend that kind if money lol.
 "my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."

Costco ought to also have the bags split into two packs, maybe slightly higher per pound......

More & more I'm seeing bags of three instead of bags of five and six......check in again.....

I like fatcap on, as it's seems to stay more moist that way, but people do good ones all different ways.....

One favorite is T-tip burnt ends.....Pg. 2 here ~~~>

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/food-pr0n/bob's-beef-o-rama/
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"