Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Big Red first cook.....PR0N  (Read 1683 times)

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
Big Red first cook.....PR0N
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »
I picked up a 2010 NIB Performer yesterday and did the inaugural cook this evening. On the menu was veggie medley, marinated center cut pork strips and boneless chicken thigh strips.

Big Red gettin' Hot

Veggies on the grill. I took baby red taters, maters, knob onions, Brussels sprouts and sweat peppers marinated in EVOO, Kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder for the debut.

Next up: I took some 1/2" center cut pork chops and cut them into wide strips along with some boneless chicken thighs also cut into strip and threaded them onto some skewers. Both were marinated with a pineapple Terriaki sauce for about two hours before hitting the grill.

Finished with Italian bread, buttered and lightly grilled

And the plate shot. I finished off the veggies and bread with some grated Parmeson cheese and a nice cool Leinie's

Big Red ran great out of the gate and the gas ignition is Da Bomb
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

Mmmmm

• WKC Brave
Re: Big Red first cook.....PR0N
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »
Awesome! I consider myself pretty decent at cooking meat but I admire how some of you guys cook your entire meal on the grill. I have already informed my wife that our cooking habits are about to change around here.
"What this world needs is more humble geniuses. There are so few of us left."

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Big Red first cook.....PR0N
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
Great cook blues! That brick red is a beauty for sure!

Mmmmmm it's sort of an art form, you just have to plan your space out. Then move to whatever cooks longest starts first. Then like a countdown add each item so it all finishes around the same time.

Or fire up two or (8 as my hero buckie does) to have more space if needed. Tonight I cooked on two grills and two propane burners. I love multitasking while I cook, it keeps the lids down longer and much less chimping (peeking) at the food since I'm busy.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:23:59 AM »
That performer is a beauty!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »

Bluesman !!!!

Sharp lookin' kettle.....that color's kinda growin' on me .......

Nice 'personal' size kabobs & some tasty tidbits to go alongside !!!!

Mmmmm
Here's a cook I have pics of, do this more often, but this one I tracked better than most~~>

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-don't-really-need-all-those-kettles-just-one-18-12'-5/msg7900/#msg7900

It is like dancin' a bit of a jig, but kinda fun !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »

Bluesman !!!!

Sharp lookin' kettle.....that color's kinda growin' on me .......

Nice 'personal' size kabobs & some tasty tidbits to go alongside !!!!

Mmmmm
Here's a cook I have pics of, do this more often, but this one I tracked better than most~~>

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-don't-really-need-all-those-kettles-just-one-18-12'-5/msg7900/#msg7900

It is like dancin' a bit of a jig, but kinda fun !!!

That was great never thought to do taters on the bottom. THANKS!
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »
Good looking first outing for Big Red!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
That's some good looking grub for sure. The grill looks great to. These color reds are starting to grow on me.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.