Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs 3-1-1/2  (Read 2876 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Ribs 3-1-1/2
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:41:44 AM »
Hello guys, yesterday I tried to make the beef ribs in my smoker home-made with the technique of 3-2-1 that but then I changed to 3-1-1 / 2 because they were ready ahead of schedule. I started with the sprinkle the ribs with mustard and I sprinkled with rub consisting of:
sweet paprika
Salt
Garlic powder
black pepper
white pepper
Oregano powder
Fennel seeds
Raw cane sugar
and put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
I have prepared my homemade smoker with the Minion method and I put chunks of Winw Barrel for smoking .. just reached 235 * F I put my ribs and smoked for 3 hours, then I put them in foil for an hour and finally, I brushed with the Kansas City Style BBQ sauce for 30 minutes at 280 * F. The result was stupefante, the ribs separated only to touch but they were not overcooked .. juicy, soft, scented and flavored indescribable. I had never eaten a dish prepared in a bbq so good .. pity that in Italy we have a vast knowledge on the bbq as in the U.S.. What do you think about that? Thank you ..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:12:44 AM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs 3-1-1/2
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:53:15 AM »

WOW !!!!

Those look great !!!!!!

I love the addition of fennel.......I would grind it fine, but either way, great recipe & really great cookup !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »
That looks fabulous!  I like the idea of using chunks of wine barrel for smoking. That is one I am going to have to try, thanks. Now just to find a good source for wine barrel......hmmm

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Ribs 3-1-1/2
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:56:05 AM »
Thank you guys! I'm glad you liked my ribs but I have even more in the know I have given you an idea on what to use for smoking .. these are the ones I used!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:00:12 PM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

BBQ Bob

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:07:25 AM »
Great looking ribs, and I like the smoker too!

What are the measurements for the rub ingredients? 

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »
These are the measures of the rub:
120g of sweet paprika
50g of salt
20g Garlic Powder
15g Onion Powder
5g white pepper
5g black pepper
5g of powder Oregano
6g Fennel seeds powder
20g raw cane sugar powder
With these proportions will prepare a lot and I use it on many dishes. bbq4all.it on the site is called RUB # 18. Try it is very good ..
BBQ are never enough

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Ribs 3-1-1/2
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:04:50 AM »
Prof these look incredible! Perfect looking beef ribs! Great cook
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »
Looks very good!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:53:06 PM »
Kudos on the cook and your crazy 18" smoking setup. :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
I'm so happy when I take something off my smoker, taste it and think "this is the best thing I have ever tasted!" Those ribs look great and I'm happy that you had the same reaction. That's what BBQ is all about!

Raichlen is one of my heroes when it comes to live fire cooking. I'm surprised to see his products available in Italy. Maybe I shouldn't be. But you could find oak wine barrels in Italy too I would think.

It makes me proud to hear that you are interested in BBQ and lament the lack of knowledge of that where you are. It is a New World thing so we can claim it I guess. On the other hand, you have much to be proud of in Italy regarding food, wine, ... women.  ;) But I digress. I also suspect a tradition of hospitality. My sister married a guy who came here from Italy (with his parents) when he was about 5. We visited him and his parents one time and were never made to feel more welcome than we were in their home. It was truly an enjoyable visit.
kettles, smokers...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
I'm so happy when I take something off my smoker, taste it and think "this is the best thing I have ever tasted!" Those ribs look great and I'm happy that you had the same reaction. That's what BBQ is all about!

Raichlen is one of my heroes when it comes to live fire cooking. I'm surprised to see his products available in Italy. Maybe I shouldn't be. But you could find oak wine barrels in Italy too I would think.

It makes me proud to hear that you are interested in BBQ and lament the lack of knowledge of that where you are. It is a New World thing so we can claim it I guess. On the other hand, you have much to be proud of in Italy regarding food, wine, ... women.  ;) But I digress. I also suspect a tradition of hospitality. My sister married a guy who came here from Italy (with his parents) when he was about 5. We visited him and his parents one time and were never made to feel more welcome than we were in their home. It was truly an enjoyable visit.
the satisfaction of cooking something spectacular is priceless, especially if you do it with the new devices, new techniques and recipes that are not of our tradition! In Italy we can find many products Raichlen and other major brands made ​​in the USA but only on the internet, retailers are just as the market is still quite little but is slowly increasing. I mostly Smokey Joe Weber Go Anywhere and for a friend of mine I got on Amazon Craycort of the cast iron plates and I will arrive later this month in Italy ... not found! I do what I can .. thanks my friends!
BBQ are never enough