Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Basic black chicken leg cook.  (Read 1211 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
Basic black chicken leg cook.
« on: June 29, 2024, 03:28:34 AM »
 It was raining on and off today and I spotted the simplest kettle I own and decided to just do an old fashioned chicken cook today. I thought it might be fun to see for anyone that cares or some new members here. It doesn’t have to be fancy to cook good food. My only complaint is I had some hot embers fly out of the ash pan. Not something one would want on a deck or flammable area. I marinated the legs overnight and used a maple seasoning. There were two kinds of sauce, Sweet Baby Rays buffalo sauce and regular barbecue sauce. The bbq sauce was the best. I used one little piece of apple wood and indirect coals. I know this is simple but they came out fantastic. Sometimes the basics are good to visit. My worst complaint is that Kingsford pro burns so fast. I used 50 coals to start and they barely lasted a half hour. They cook hot and fast but disappear quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Basic black chicken leg cook.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 04:34:32 AM »
Looks grate, nothing wrong with a simple chicken leg cook at all

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 05:16:52 AM »
Looks really good Walter!  Makes me want to try something similar that I’ve not done in a long time.  Thanks for sharing….[emoji106]

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 06:33:36 AM »
Not only tasty and fun cook….chicken legs are some of most wallet friendly cooks ever.  I have the same basic kettle.  My first brand new kettle I bought in 2000. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 01:49:29 AM »
Thank you for all the nice replies. I just wanted to add the fact my wife told me all that chicken was less than six bucks so yep it was wallet friendly.

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2024, 02:47:48 AM »
They look finger lickin' good.
Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch in Smoke - Ordered/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold