Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber CHARCOAL HEAT CONTROLLER  (Read 8430 times)

Charlie5107

• Happy Cooker
Weber CHARCOAL HEAT CONTROLLER
« on: June 04, 2024, 11:02:46 AM »
Not sure if any of you have tried this, but I am loving it.

https://www.weber.com/CA/en/accessories/accessories-by-grill-type/charcoal-grill-accessories/charcoal-grill-tools/charcoal-heat-controller-%E2%80%93-22%E2%80%9D/7666.html

Its great for both low and slow and vortex high heat cooking. I got it as a birthday gift, but I totally would have paid the $140cdn for it.

I just haven't really seen anything about this.

Zulu Kono

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber CHARCOAL HEAT CONTROLLER
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 12:32:10 PM »
I watched Tom Horsman's review of it a while
back and he was less than enthusiastic.
I recently pulled the trigger on a Vortex and I'm still on the fence about it.
I don't regret buying it, just not sure if I needed it.
I've now got a Slow-N-Sear, a Vortex, and two sets of the Weber charcoal
baskets, and I find myself using the baskets more than any other accessories.

Concerning low and slow cooking, I've decided I'm getting a dedicated smoker for that.
I'm not into charcoal-smoke flavor, and every time I've cooked
low and slow on the Weber everything just tastes like charcoal.
I'm chasing wood-smoke flavor.

In conclusion, the Weber Heat Controller doesn't seem like something
I need, but maybe expound on its useful attributes if you would please.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 06:55:00 PM by Zulu Kono »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 05:08:03 AM »
I'll be interested to hear about how this lasts over time.  It appears to be made from the same gauge stock that the flimsy Summit deflectors were that didn't last very long.  My Summit deflector is a 16.5" disk that's 3/8 thick stock with a handle welded on and will outlast the grill I'm sure. 

Let's see some cooks you've done, interested to see!

Charlie5107

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 08:25:43 AM »
I'll be interested to hear about how this lasts over time.  It appears to be made from the same gauge stock that the flimsy Summit deflectors were that didn't last very long.  My Summit deflector is a 16.5" disk that's 3/8 thick stock with a handle welded on and will outlast the grill I'm sure. Let's see some cooks you've done, interested to see!

I totally understand about the flimsiness of the deflector. I have used it since quite a bit since November, and it seems to be holding up well so far....I guess only time will tell.

I have done a few racks of ribs (i actually found a mid-cook pic), some pulled port and pulled beef, a ton of chicken wings. My Problem is I always forget about pictures, and by the time I remember, the food is all gone!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 03:59:48 PM »
Are they on closeout for $9.99 yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!